6. sour note

[fun & games: season 5, episode 6]*

*.·:·. .·:·.*

        Rose stomped throughout the level of the lighthouse, her bloodied pipe in her hand from earlier. If she wasn't careful, she would get caught with a 'weapon' and dragged off who knows where and tortured by the Kree. But that seemed to be the last thing on Rose's mind at the moment. "Rose, Rose!" Tess called from behind her. "Rose, what is that on your pipe?" she asked, running up to walk beside the girl.

"Uh, it's doesn't matter," Rose said quickly.

"Is that blood from one of the Blues?" Tess pressed.

"Okay, Tess, technically I didn't kill him," Rose said, spinning to face the brunette.

"Oh my god! Rose put that away!" she hissed, pointing to the bloodied pipe. "Do you want to get dragged off to Kasius?" she asked.

Rose sighed, slipping the pipe back into the pocket of her utility jumpsuit. "That wouldn't be such a bad thing at the moment," she admitted.

"Wha-" Tess sounded. This was totally out of character for Rose. "Do you have a death wish or something? Because that's the only explanation I can think of to explain how you're acting right now! Seriously Rose! You're lucky I'm the first person that saw you with the pipe."

"A death wish? No? But am I pretty fucking pissed off right now? Yeah, I am," Rose said shaking her head.

"Okay, well you wanna help me channel all that energy into something else?" Tess asked nervously.

Rose's face softened instantly, "Why, what's up?" she asked.

"Flint," Tess responded simply. "But we're gonna need their help too," she said pointing towards Coulson, May, Elena, and Mack, who were walking their way.

"Oh great, can't wait," Rose said sourly, not over how her last conversation with Coulson went.

"Hello, again," Coulson said looking at Rose. "We seemed to have left our last conversation on a sour note," he said.

Rose huffed, crossing her arms, "That's one way to put it," she said through gritted teeth.

"I've been looking for you guys everywhere," Tess said urgently.

"Tess, what is it?" Coulson questioned.

"It's the blues," she said solemnly. "They've come to harvest the children."

They began to walk once more, Rose frankly annoyed that she had to spend more time with the people she wanted to stay away from. But she liked Flint and didn't want to see him get hurt. "Every year, Kasius puts all the 18-year-olds through Terrigenesis," Tess explained.