10. you're not dying on me, deke

[past life: season 5, episode 10]*

*.·:·. .·:·.*

        "All clear," Daisy spoke as the group filled out into an empty hallway of the Lighthouse. Rose was honestly just glad they were off of the Trawler and onto the solid ground once more. Even though Kasius was definitely going to kill them all if he found out what they did. Although, Rose had remembered to grab her pipe, just in case she would need it.

"I hope we can say the same for Enoch," Fitz expressed.

'No lifeforms detected,' Rose heard Enoch say through the walkie. 'The diversion seems to have worked. They're still searching the ship.'

Coulson nodded, "Good. You're secure?" he asked.

'Yes,' Enoch answered. 'The machine will be online by the time Flint builds the Monolith.'

"Easier said than done," Coulson said, leading the way through the hallway as the rest of the group lagged behind him.

Deke blinked, "So one more time, the machine uses the little piece to trigger the bigger piece through space?"

"Yeah, or time," Fitz clarified.

"It mirrors the harmonic resonant frequency of photons, which can exist out of spacetime," Jemma said as if her explanation would be of any use to them.

Rose rubbed her temples, "My brain hurts. Does anyone else's brain hurt?"

"Yeah I- I hear you saying words but what-" Deke started but Daisy shook her head.

"If Flint can't construct the Monolith, none of this matters!" she asserted.

"Robin said he can, so I believe it," May said from the back of the group.

Jemma nodded slowly, "We'll talk him through it once we meet up with them."

"You two get that thing to Flint," Coulson told FitzSimmons, who were holding the shard of the monolith. "We'll worry about survivors."

"And kill Kasius," Deke added.

"Get them to safety," Coulson continued, completely ignoring Deke's interjection.

"And then we kill Kasius?" Deke asked again. "When does that happen? Because some of us aren't getting out of here on a magic rock

Rose gestured between the two of them, "Yeah, I would also like some clarity on that because there is no way in hell we're gonna leave him in charge, again."

"We won't leave until humanity's in control of its future," Coulson reassured them. "But in the meantime, everyone do your job, meet at the rendezvous point," he said to FitzSimmons as himself, May, Daisy, Deke, and Rose split from the rest of the group.