15. the lesson

and if you're ever tried of being known for who you know, you know you'll always know me

[rise and shine: season 5, episode 15]
*.·:·. .·:·.*

        Rose felt absolutely useless sitting around the lighthouse (as she usually does). Daisy had her powers back, Deke was now essential to the team because he was Fitzsimmons grandchild, Mack was working on getting Yo-Yo her arms back (not actual flesh and bone, which would be impossible, except the team had managed to capture materials from LMD's to recreate her old body parts, and Coulson, while he was been taken in by General Hale in exchange from withdrawing her forces that surrounded the Lighthouse. So essentially Rose was nothing, she was dead weight in a team of skilled agents.

In the lighthouse in 2091, Rose had her place. She knew where she belonged. In the records room or with Deke. But here, she didn't know who she was anymore. It's not like she could do anything about it. The only people who knew her sat inside the same S.H.I.E.L.D. base as her.

"You okay?" Daisy asked as she took a seat next to the girl.

Rose shrugged putting down the blueprint she was looking at, "Fine, just a little pissed off," she said honestly.

"Why is that?"

"I don't particularly like being locked in a closet," Rose said, looking over at Daisy.

Daisy nodded, "That's perfectly reasonable," she answered. "I also don't like my skin getting drilled into and an inhibitor forcibly removed from my brain."

Rose bit her lip, "Right, that sounds like hell, I'm sorry," she apologized quickly. "Shouldn't have complained. I have a habit of doing that-" she said her voice trailing off. "I should honestly stop but I just keep talking. Um, how are you feeling after everything??" she finished awkwardly, mentally kicking herself for acting so selfish earlier.

"I'm doing alright given the circumstances," Daisy responded. "Just trying to figure out what the hell is up with Coulson."

"Right, he went with, what's her name? General Hale?" Rose questioned, tilting her head.