17. deke gets shot

could you hold me without any talking? we could try to go back where we started

[the honeymoon: season 5, episode 17]
*.·:·. .·:·.*

Rose pointed the weapon out before her, closing her right eye. She just needed to get used to having the gun in her hands. That's all she needed to do. There was no way she was actually going to need to use it. They would touch down in the mountains, quickly pick up Coulson, and encounter no problems on their way there. Because their missions always go according to plan. Always. Except for the fact that the team had been circling this mountain range for two hours and still hadn't found Coulson. So, Rose had spent the majority of her time down here in the shooting range. She never actually shot the weapon, she just held it.      

        "Rosie! There you are, I've been looking for you for hours-" Deke started, walking into the room. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

        Rose sighed, placing the weapon back at her side. "Learning how to shoot a gun," she said simply.

        "Okay, the only person you are going to shoot is yourself if you keep holding it like that," Deke told her, shaking his head slightly.

        She huffed, "It doesn't matter anyway," Rose said annoyedly. "It's not like I'm actually going to shoot it."

        "Okay, put the gun back up," Deke told her.

        Rose looked back at him, raising her brow. "What are you doing?" she asked him carefully.

        "Do you trust me?" Deke asked her.

        Rose shook her head slightly, "You already know the answer to that question," she stated.

        "Well then hold the gun back up," Deke said once more.

        Against her better judgment, Rose raised the gun back up, gingerly holding it in her hands. She felt Deke's fingertips wrap around hers. "What are you doing?" she asked quickly, refusing to look at him.