7. reunion

[together or not at all: season 5, episode 7]*

*.·:·. .·:·.*

"This is the price of hiding Inhumans," the Vicar said as Rose, Mack, and Coulson watched him speak to the crowd from a distance, "Continue to keep your mouths shut, and you'll end up dead, too."

        Rose tried to keep her tears contained, but one after another, they began to slip out of her eyes. She couldn't believe it, Tess was dead, and she didn't even get to say goodbye to her. "It's not fair, she didn't deserve to die," she said sadly.

        "Unfortunately, I don't think the Kree care about that," Coulson said.

        "Of course, they don't," Rose snapped. "They don't care who they have to murder to get their way! We're expendable to them. It's always been that way."

        "Then this is bigger than a renewal. It's a direct threat," Coulson decided.

        Mack looked around at the people nearest to them, "These people will give us up in a heartbeat if it'll save their own lives."

        "These Kree may be cruel, but they're no stupid. It's only a matter of time till this trail of bodies leads them right to us," Coulson reasoned. "It's time for us to make a move."

        Rose and Mack agreed, nodding as they walked away from the spot where Tess hung and back up to the Salvage yard to unite with Flint and Elena. Rose wasn't exactly sure how to tell him that another person had died in the Kree's hunt for him. It was too much for a kid to handle, Rose knew that from experience.

---

        "They're killing people," Coulson explained to Elena and Flint when they returned to the Salvage Yard. "Innocent people."

        "In their hunt for me!" Flint cried.

        "We're not gonna let anything happen to you," Mack reassured him.

        "That's right," Elena added.

        Rose walked up to Flint and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Look, I've seen these people fight before. If they say nothing's gonna happen to you, they mean it."

        "We need to make a move on those blue bloods," Elena decided.

        "Not with Daisy and Simmons still captive," Coulson said shaking his head. "We need to get out of the lighthouse."

        Rose looked down at Flint's face. He looked like he was pondering something. "What's wrong?" she asked him.

        "Tess-" he started.

        Rose felt another pain in her chest, she couldn't tell if it was wrong her stab wound earlier or the pain from Tess's death. "Flint-" she said but was cut off by the other three's continuous talking.