8. surface tensions

[the last day: season 5, episode 8]*

*.·:·. .·:·.*

"Oh my god, oh my god," Rose breathed holding onto one of the handles over her head. "Who thought that is was a good idea? We are crashing landing on the surface right now! You know I don't think that a flying car is sufficient enough to be able to fly a spaceship!"

        "Sorry about her, she's bad with flying," Deke said, using his thumb to point back at Rose.

        Daisy eyed the girl, "And you willing agreed to come to the surface with us?" she asked.

        "Well, I assumed that one of you S.H.I.E.L.D. agents would have experience in flying a plane like you guys are secret agents, right? I mean, look at this guy," Rose pointed at Fitz. "He looks like a space ranger if I ever saw one."

        "No, no," Fitz said carefully. "She's bio, I'm tech," he pointed to Jemma and then to himself. "And our pilot is already on the surface, so Coulson is the best we can do."

        "Oh, oh okay," Rose said. "That's not easing my conscience at all right now." She took a deep breath in. "Just time me when it's over, please," she pleaded, closing her eyes.

        Rose did not do well with the landing, she insisted that nobody talked to her until they were safely on the ground. That 'no-talking' rule extended on the walk to wherever the rest of the surface dwellers were living at the moment. Because, every time she opened her mouth she felt like she was going to throw up, and since the air on the surface wasn't exactly breathable, she would end up throwing up in the scarf she used to cover her face. Rose liked that idea less than the whole ' let's fly to the surface' mantra. So, she ended up listening to Deke explain the surface situation to Fitzsimmons.

        "No, you don't understand," he told them, as the group boarded what the agents called 'The Zephyr' "Not just dead. As far as everyone in the Lighthouse was concerned, everybody that came up here was turned to scraps." He continued as the group began to shed their protective garments. "But they're all still alive and living in an actual airplane."

        "Fitz, your design really withstood the test of time," Jemma said, smiling at him.

        Deke looked around, "Oh, you designed this? Damn," he commented. "Can't imagine what it must've been like to fly."

        "Technically, I'm the engineer, I'm not the pilot," Fitz reminded him.

        "Oh, well, obviously," Rose said, finally speaking. "No offense," she added. "Just back on the trawler, you said and I quote. 'She's bio, I'm tech,'" Rose said in a terrible Scottish accent. "So I just assumed that-" her voice trailed off, looking at Deke who was shaking his head vigorously at her. "I'm gonna stop talking now."