14. meet the doctor

death doesn't discriminate, between the sinners and the saints, it takes and it takes and it takes

[the devil complex: season 5, episode 14]
*.·:·. .·:·.*

Rose blinked, "What the fuck?" she said as quietly as she could. "Your grandparents? When- what- how?"

        "They had sex, Rosie, obviously. Keep up!" Deke started.

        "I know they had sex, Deke. Everyone has sex," Rose hissed. "I was asking how you know that they are your grandparents? Now how they physically- you know what, just answer the first question."

        "Well, okay," Deke said nodding quickly. "Simmons said something that my mom always used to say. You know the saying:

        "The steps you take don't have to be big they just have to take you in the right direction," Rose and Deke said at the same time.

        Rose shrugged, "Yes, yes. I know the saying," she finished. "Okay, so maybe this whole time travel thing is messing with my head. But since Jemma said the saying now, before your mother was even thought of, or conceived, born, I guess. So if she originated the saying, that means she passed it down to your mother, who passed it down to you." Rose blinked, placing a hand over her forehead. "Oh god, my head is spinning," she commented. "Okay," she continued taking a deep breath. "You're their grandson. This is really fucking weird."

        "Weird for you. It's fucking weird for me," Deke said as they continued to walk down the corridor, keeping a considerable distance between Fitz and themselves. "My grandparents hate me," he stated.

        Rose tilted her head, "Hmmm, I don't think they hate you, that much," she said unconvincingly. "Look, Deke. I'm sure they will react differently once you tell them. It'll be like one big, happy, family reunion."

        "You mean, if I tell them," Deke said in a small voice.

        "If?" Rose said in disbelief. "No, you mean when you tell them. Hold on, you are gonna tell them, right?" she asked, shifting her head slightly to the left so that she could look him in the eyes. "You have to! You have family here, an actual family."