22. frontlines, don't you ignore me

And I wouldn't marry me either, a pathological people pleaser, who only wanted you to see her

[season 5, episode 22: the end]
*.·:·. .·:·.*

Rose and Deke stood across the hallway from each other, listening to the voices wafting from the other side of the door. The team, if you could even call them a team at that point, was crumbling. Whenever Rose thought they had reached a stopping point, the argument would start again: save Coulson or save the rest of the world. The decision seemed like a no-brainer to Rose, but yet again, she didn't grow up with Coulson. She didn't know him like the rest of the team knew him. She didn't feel the need to weigh on the fate of someone she met merely three months ago.

        Piper cleared her throat, walking out into the hallway. "Davis says there's no change," she informed the pair, speaking over the hurried words of the rest of the team. She looked over at the closed door and then back at Rose and Deke. "You don't want to be in there?" she asked carefully.

        Deke looked over his shoulder at the door. "That's for them to decide."

        Rose nodded, "I mean, I just met Coulson a few months ago, I don't deserve a say in his fate. Neither of us do," she said glancing back at Deke. They didn't really speak much while they were in the hallway, just awkward glances at one another. Rose didn't really know what she would say, I mean, she knew that she saw him as more than a friend, but he was clearly not on the same page as her, so it would be pointless to tell him.

        Piper looked between the two of them. "Okay," she said slowly.

        Crash.

        Rose's head turned back as she stared at the entrance to the door. An eerie silence fell across both the hallway and the room where the rest of the team was. Deke furrowed his brows, peeking through the small window. "What do you think's going on in there?" he asked, craning his neck to look down at Rose.

        The woman sighed, "Whatever is it, I really don't wanna know," she said in a low voice before straightening back up and walking out of the hallway.