19. a classic alien invasion

cause baby now we got bad blood, you know we used to be mad love

[season 5, episode 19: option two]
*.·:·. .·:·.*

        "Once Zephyr One breaks through the upper atmosphere, we can slingshot the gravitonium at high velocity into the sun, destroying it for good," Rose rubbed her eyes, trying to stay awake during Coulson's explanation of what the team was going to do with the element they had spent the better part of the week trying to get. "As anxious as we are to contain an element that may cause the future destruction of the planet, we have to go Zephyr ready for space travel first."

One of the other agents turned to Piper, "Future destruction?" he asked.

Piper tilted her head, "It's complicated. Just go with it."

Coulson turned to FitzSimmons, "So, how close are we?" he asked.

"On the Zephyr, RCS thrusters are operational," Fitz started.

"On the gravitonium, we're nearly finished extracting residual traces from the machine which seems to have refined the element in some way," Jemma finished.

"It should be enough to power the pseudo-gravity engine. So, in other words, we're close," Deke added, causing Rose's eyes to snap over to him. "I've kind of been consulting, so-" he continued, looking directly at Rose.

The woman scoffed under her breath and tore her eyes away from him. 'Show-off,' Rose thought to herself.

"Meanwhile, Carl Creel still needs medical help," May chimed in. "And I think we should get Robin and Polly somewhere safe, too. After General Talbot-"

"He's not going anywhere," Piper interrupted. Rose raised her eyebrows. While they were trying to obtain the Gravitonium from the Hales, the team back at the Lighthouse had troubles with General Talbot trying to attack the young girl and her caretaker.

"I know, but I've been talking to Tony Caine," May continued.

Mack looked down at May, "What, my Tony?" he asked. "The Candyman?"