12. a moment

and if I'm dead to you, why are you at the wake?

[the real deal: season 5, episode 12]
*.·:·. .·:·.*

"Hey," Rose said, sliding into the open seat next to Mack. "I just heard- how's Elena?" she asked quietly.

"You can call her, Yo-Yo, you know," Mack reminded the girl. "I don't think she would mind."

Rose tilted her head, "If just doesn't feel right," she admitted. "Are you okay?" she asked him.

Mack sighed profoundly but didn't answer Rose. She had all the information she needed, "She'll be okay," Rose told him, even if she didn't know if that was true. "I hope."

"Me too, Sunshine, me too," Mack said, shaking his head slightly.

AHHHH!

A loud sound echoed in the hallway that the two adults were standing in. Rose's head snapped towards the noise, and she knew exactly who made it. "Goddammit!" She rolled her eyes, "It's Deke," she said shaking her head as she got up from her seat. "I'll go check on him, the little bastard," Rose cursed. "Just give Ele- Yo-Yo, my well wishes, please," she asked before rushing off to where she heard the noise.

"The little asshole. He's only been here for fifteen minutes, tops, and he is already causing problems," she muttered to herself. "I'll show him, I'll show him that he can't just go around getting drunk and screaming at the top of his lungs. God!" Rose exclaimed stopping in front of the supply closet.

Rose opened the door to see a large Kree with an ax standing over Deke. Daisy held her gun at the monster, shooting it in the head. The Kree fell to the down, dissipating into the air like a bunch of particles. Rose looked between Daisy, Deke, and the space where the dead Kree once stood. "Should've shot him too," she added, pointing at Deke.

Daisy looked almost impressed, "She's that pissed at you, huh?" she asked Deke.

The man sighed, "Yeah, I guess she is."