18. the bitch deserved it

here I was again tonight, forcing laughter, faking smiles

[all roads lead...: season 5, episode 18]
*.·:·. .·:·.*

Rose sniffled as she sharply rounded a corner. 'God, this is so stupid,' she thought to herself. 'Why am I crying right now? It doesn't matter- it doesn't-'

        But those thoughts didn't stop the tears that continued to fall from her eyes, leaving her cheeks slightly damp. She gulped, wiping away some of the salt water out from under her eyes. 'Stop crying, just stop crying,' she pleaded with herself. 'You can't cry, not over something this- this inconsequential. Something that doesn't even matter. It doesn't matter how Deke feels about Daisy. It- it doesn't matter!'

        "Rose," Daisy said, shaking the girl out of her thoughts. "Are you okay?"

        Rose blinked, trying to stop the tears that kept welling up in her eyes. "I'm fine. Why do you ask?" she said, her voice shaking slightly. "Completely and utterly fine," she added as if those four words were supposed to convince Daisy of her mental wellbeing.

        "You're crying," Daisy pointed out.

        "I do that all the time," Rose said, her voice shifting up an octave. "You know me, just- always crying."

        "Rose-" Daisy started. "You're not okay."

        Rose shook her head, "No, no, I'm fine," she insisted.

        Daisy smiled sadly, "Do you want to talk about it?" she offered, placing a hand on Rose's shoulder. "It could help?"

        "There's nothing to talk about," Rose said simply. "I'm fine," she added.

        Daisy sighed, "You know, I came to come and get you for a mission but maybe you should sit this one out," she suggested.

        Rose shook her head instantly, dabbing her face with the edge of her sleeve. "No. I can go, I'm fine. I really just want to be anywhere besides this fucking base," she cursed, her voice cracking.