3. the destroyer of worlds

[orientation part 2: season 5, episode 2]*

*.·:·. .·:·.*

Deke, Rose, Daisy, Mack, and Elena thought it would be best to meet up with the rest of their little group. Rose honestly agreed with the plan, if they stuck together in larger groups it would be harder for the newbies to get picked off, and Rose didn't want another death weighing on her conscience. The group exited the elevator and was met with three of the other four members.

        "At least you're okay," Coulson commented quickly.

        "What do you mean?" Daisy asked looking around and noticing who was missing. "Wait, where's Simmons," she asked referring to Jemma who was absent.

        May sighed, "The Kree took her," she explained.

        A cry of confusion came from the others who had disposed of the Kree bodies.

        "What?"

        "How?"

        Deke looked down at Tess who was charged with watching over the others while Rose and Deke were away. "Can I talk to you for a second?" he asked her taking Tess away from the group, dragging an unhappy Rose with him. She knew that Deke was gonna be all up in arms about Jemma going missing, and Rose hated it when he was like that. "This is not exactly flying under the radar," he hissed. "What the hell happened to her?"

        "A servant got stabbed, was bleeding out," Tess explained to them. "The girl saved him," she paused, surveying the two for their reactions. "She thought she was doing a good thing," Tess continued hastily. "These people- they're, they're not like us."

        "No, they're frickin' hazardous," Deke retorted. "They'll get us all killed."

        "Okay, I wouldn't go that far," Rose said, disagreeing with Deke's statement. "They just don't know the lay of the land around here yet. I'm sure it'll get better with time," she said hopefully.

        Tess nodded, "Maybe she's right. Maybe Virgil was right," she told Deke.

        "Just- just stop it," Deke insisted, shaking his head. "Just the fairy tale was toxic."

        "It's not a fairytale if it's real," Rose reminded him. "There is proof right in front of us that the Elders were right."

        "Well, you were singing a different tune this morning," Deke snapped. "You were all like, 'the prophecy isn't real. The Elders were wrong.' Think about it Rosie, the morons that believed that thing were eaten alive."

        Rose looked taken aback, "So our parents are morons now?" she asked him. "Deke, we both lost things okay. If was Virgil said is true, then they didn't die in vain. Their deaths could've had a purpose, it wasn't just Kasius being cruel. Isn't that better than believing that they were killed for no reason?"