Ch. 12

Ch. 12 *Sabrina*

I spent most of the day with Adrian and it's so weird to think about. Ok, Theo was also with us, but he left a couple of hours ago so now it's just me and Adrian.

I've never spent the day with my mortal enemy before. Just kidding, he's not my mortal enemy. In fact, the more of him I see, the more I like him. He's not as bratty, stuck up, or bitchy as I remember.

"A lot has changed since I've left," I say to Adrian who is strolling alongside me. After spending some time at a toy store looking for a stuffed animal for his little sister, we finally made our way to his car.

"I'd assume so, but how have things changed?"

"In terms of people, everyone looks different and most are acting differently." Especially you, I want to add.

"Like Celine?"

I want to roll my eyes, obviously, she changed, I thought that goes without saying. "Yes like her," my voice sounding more strained than I wanted it to, "She completely ignored me when I saw her at the mall. It was like I didn't exist."

Adrian turns around and frowns, "You two used to be inseparable. I don't know exactly why she hates your guts, but I'll tell you what she said at the party. Just... not now," he mutters the last part of his sentence.

I was going to ask him why not now, but I decided not to. "Wow, I guess it's that bad," I say with a light chuckle, "you know you've changed too."

"I imagine I have, otherwise we wouldn't be here together. But tell me how I've changed, I'm interested."

"Well, you're not an annoying stuck-up brat anymore. Oh my God, you such a know-it-all and so unlikeable."

"Was I?" he asks, we finally make it to his car. It's a beautiful, actually sexy, sleek Mercedes sedan. Definitely expensive. Never thought a car could have sex appeal.

"I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but yes, you were such a little asshole," I say as he unlocks the car with the fob and we put our stuff in the back. "I don't know if you remember this, but in 6th grade, we were in a group with Max. I don't remember what the project was about, you wouldn't let us do anything, you ignored us, and called us names."

Adrian pauses for a second as he starts the car, "Yikes, I remember that."

"Well, you're a lot nicer and chill from what I can see. You seem like more of a people's person now."

Thinking about that project brought up some other middle school memories. Mainly of Adrian being a complete asshole to everyone. "Why were you so mean and distant?"

There's silence from him again, "Well, um. There was a lot going on at home. I didn't know how to deal with it, so I took it out on everyone."

Now there's silence from me. This was the second time he brought up his home. I had no idea he had problems at home. The Clemonte family always seemed like a picture-perfect, extremely rich, and happy family.

"Oh damn, I had no idea." I mentally also myself in my head, is that really how you respond?

He lets out a low chuckle, "it's fine, except for some teachers and obviously Theo, no one knew."

"Now, what about my looks?" He asks, clearly wanting to change the subject.

"What do you mean?"

"How have my looks changed? Simple question."

I look over at him for the first time since we got in the car. Left hand on the steering wheel, right hand rest centimeters away from my thighs. Now all he has to do is slightly move his hands to the right and up.

"You know," I mutter as I shrug. Boy, you're fine and you already fucking know, why do I have to tell you?

"I'm driving, use your words." Ok, that was slightly rude, but also made me feel something.

"You know, the usual. You look older. Can I connect to the aux?"

Adrian chuckles, "sure. What are we going to be listening to."

"Obviously R&B," I say as I connect to his car and shuffle on my favorite R&B playlist. Angélique and I curated this perfect playlist. It's the perfect combination of old and new, wild and timid, heartbreak and love songs.

Moments later Jhené Aiko's voice fills the car and replaces the sound of that annoying radio. "My best friend, Kiah, and I created this playlist. It took us forever, but it's fucking amazing. This is the general playlist but we also broke it up into smaller lists based on mood."

"What the difference between this one and the others."

"Basically the general is a list of all the R&B songs we love and listen to whenever. The other ones are more specific to mood, for example, we have a love, a heartbreak, and a sexy/freaky playlist."

"Freaky and sexy?"

"Forget I said that."

"I want to hear that playlist."

"No you don't, you don't wan—" I suddenly realize what Jhené is singing.

That dick make me so damn proud

Now lay your head down on the pillow

Turn the lights down real low

I want you to say my name

Close your eyes and let your feels go

I grab my phone and quickly skip to the next song. Of all the songs, 'Pussy Fairy' had to be playing. Amazing song, but right fucking now? In the car with Adrian???

"Why'd you skip that song?" Because I want to do what she's singing with you.

"You don't want to hear the rest of it." I can feel my face burning hotter and hotter.

"Yes, I do. She has a beautiful voice. What mini playlist would this song be under?"

"That's is a good question. You know you ask good quest—," Once again I'm cut off over the realization of what song is playing.

I ain't spending cash for nothing, I wanna see you take it off

"Oh no no no no nooooo,"  I try grabbing my phone, but it fumbles in my hand and lands on the floor, "out of all the fucking songs."

I'ma pop this bottle, you gon' give me brain or nah?

My heart is pounding as The Weeknd starts to sing.

Do you like the way I flick my tongue or nah?

Why does this freaky ass song have to play right now?

You can ride my face until you're drippin' cum

Can you lick the tip then throat the dick or nah?

Can you let me stretch that pussy out or nah?

"I know this song." There's a little bit of hoarseness in his voice.

"Do you?" I finally grab my phone and hit the skip button. This time 'Differences' by Ginuwine is playing.

"You know you can switch songs on the monitor?"

"Obviously not." I cross my arms across my heaving chest and look straight out the window for the rest of the ride.