Ch. 19

Ch. 19 *Sabrina's POV* *Smut later on ⚠️*

Never would I have expected that I'd be playing Mario Kart at a High School party with 3 other strangers surrounded by tons of people. Somehow I made it to the basement and was swooped into entering the tournament.

We just finished our third and final round and like the last round, I came in first. Strangely, for a complete novice, I'm pretty good at this game.

"Finishing the tournament with 2 out of 3 wins, our winner is..." A deep melodious voice roars from behind me. I place the red switch controller on the coffee table and turn towards the voice. It was the same East Asian guy that gave us the switch controllers. "Sabrina!"

Everyone begins cheering as he walks towards me, the whole time his eyes locked into mine, and a slight smirk on his blush pink lips. He stops right beside me and lifts my arm up like I just won a wrestling match. That only makes the crowd cheer louder and harder. All the attention is overwhelming, but kind of fun.

After a couple of seconds, the crowd began to die down and the guy once again turns his attention to me. "Sabrina," he starts off, finally letting go of my wrist —not that I wanted him to, "since you've won this tournament, would you like to enter the winners' tournament? It'll probably take place in about an hour."

"No, I'm good. I think I'm going to do something else." I mentally give myself a high five for not acting weird in front of this extremely attractive guy. My heart maybe is racing, and my palms maybe are sweaty, but you wouldn't know.

"That's cool, but if you change your mind just let me know," he says as he light touches my upper arm, "by the way I'm Jace."

After our conversation, I head up to the kitchen. To get anywhere in this house, you have to squeeze through an endless crowd of people. It's so annoying and gross. Eventually, I make it to the kitchen which is not as crowded as the living room which is right beside it. The smooth oak cabinets and the large stainless steel appliances remind me of the kitchen at my house.

I walk over to one of the red coolers that have been placed on top of the marble counter of the island table. Inside there are tons of beer cans submerged in icy water. I grab a white can of Lager beer, open it, and take a sip. As I'm drinking my cold beer, the screen door behind me opens by a group of loud and drunk guys. As they stumble inside, I decide to go outside.

The moment I take a step outside, take a deep breath. The fresh air is amazing and refreshing compared to the sweaty and alcoholic air inside. The backyard is very nice.

There is an open seat near the pool that I immediately grab. As I'm sitting there, my mind wanders off and before I know it, I'm texting Adrian. We spilt up right before I went to play Mario Kart.

As I'm waiting for a response, a large shadow fall over me. It may sound weird because it's dark outside, but around the pool and perimeter of the backyard, there are lights that brighten up the space.

I look up expecting to see Adrian, but to my surprise, it's Celine hovering over me like a bat. Exactly what does she want? I don't say anything, I don't acknowledge her, I just go back to my phone.

"Don't you see me?" she asks, flicking my head.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath, "Don't touch me."

"Don't you see me?" She asks again, this time taking a seat in the chair beside me. As soon as she said down, I can tell what come next, it won't end well.

I shrug, "I don't want to talk to you. Remember, you don't like me."

"Well, I'm only here to tell you to leave Adrian alone." She adjusts her bright pink top. Besides the color, it's similar to the cut-out crop I was going to wear to this party. I silently rejoice that I chose the dress instead.