Ch 16

Ch 16 *Adrian's POV*

"Emerson, is Celine gone?" I ask as I walk towards my brother who's lying on the couch. After freshening up and eating breakfast, I decided to head into the living room.

He looks up from his phone, "I saw her leave like 10 minutes ago."

"Ok," I move his feet off the couch which earns me a glare, and grab the remote from the table, "do you know what she was doing here?"

"Wasn't she with you?" He asks, putting his feet on my lap.

I shake my head and turn on the TV. Two blue and tan dogs pop up on the screen. I'm guessing Sacha was the last to watch TV. "No, I wasn't home last night." I flip to the rerun channel. Sanford and Son was playing.

"Oh, I thought you were"

I roll my eyes at his response. I don't understand why he's so out of tune with the world sometimes. "Ok... did you at least notice what time she got here?"

"No, I only saw her when she was leaving. She probably came this morning because Mom and Dad aren't home."

"But how would she know they aren't home?"

"I don't know, she's weird. Maybe she was waiting for them to leave," he runs his hands through his wavy dark hair. The same hair Sacha and our Mom have.

"Then who-"

Suddenly, Emerson shoots up, "why do you keep asking me? Why don't you ask Celine?"

"I tried but she kept lying," I mutter as the image of her playing with the edge of her skirt pops into my mind.

"How do you know?"

"I've known and been around her long enough to know when she does this little thing when she's lying or nervous."

There's a small devious smirk on his face, "do I so something when I lie?"

"Obviously, but I'm not going to tell you."

"Please," he clasps his hands together and gives me his infamous puppy dog eyes. I quickly cover my eyes; one look and you'll be answering him.

"No, and don't give me that look."

"Please, I'll do your chores for a week." I've heard that lie many times before.

"That's tempting, but no."

"Ugh whatever," he mutters.

As we fall back into silence, my mind is racing, trying to figure out what Celine was doing and why she was covering it up. She's definitely the type to stalk me inside my house; she does weird shit because she's overly possessive. She definitely could have done this, but I know she was lying this time. I don't know why; I don't know what's worse than stalking me inside my house.

"Wait," Emerson's voice pierces my thoughts, "then where were you?"

"At Sabrina's house," I casually say. I don't make it seem like it's a big deal, even though it is to me. He might read it wrong.

Emerson nearly falls off the couch, "Sabrina? As in Sabrina Diop?"

"Yes."

"The girl that went to Switzerland and came back 2 weeks ago?"

"Yes."

"But don't you two hate each other? Isn't that your whole thing?"

I shrug, "We've been hanging out a little bit over the past couple of weeks. She's not bad company we're kind of cool now."

"This is weird, sooooo weird," Emerson murmurs against his hands.

That I have to agree with. Me and Sabrina, I would have never imagined we would ever be cordial. Even after the Christmas party.

"You two despised each other. Remember the name-calling, arguments, and horrible pranks. Bro, the bat and the mud incidents in middle school?"

"Yeah but I guess we've grown," I shrug as vague memories of the mud incident come back to me, "I actually don't mind being around her, she's surprisingly chill."

"I know, she was annoying but we were good," Emerson chuckles, "What do you guys even do? I doubt you have anything in common."

"You know the usual; shopping, movies, chilling—" I pause for a second, debating whether or not I should tell him, "—we also had sex."

Emerson sits right up and his eyes widen to the point they seem to pop, "you what!?"

"We had sex. Only one time though. Yesterday." I don't know whether or not I should add that she was a virgin.
Would that be weird? Rude? I mean, it's not my business to share.

"You and Sabrina," he makes a gesture with his hands, "wooooow. You actually did it?"

"Yes, I told you twice already. Is there something wrong?" I was starting to get annoyed.

"No, no, no, I'm just in disbelief. Here I was thinking you two hated each other, but it's the complete opposite."

"No it's not the complete opposite," I roll my eyes, "we don't love each other, we're just cordial to one another and we had sex."

"I didn't mean it like that. I meant-"

"I don't want to talk about this anymore." I cut him off. I stand up and look at my brother. His bushy eyebrows are furrowed and there's a frown on his face. He doesn't say anything and neither do I as I walk away.

~

After my conversation with Emerson, I went to my room and took a nap. A long ass nap. Sometimes when I'm angry or annoyed, it makes me tired and I fall asleep. I'm not sure why; I've been like that since I was a kid.

I look up at the plain white ceiling. I don't know why I told Emerson that Sabrina and I slept together. It's a big deal, I know. After years of hating each other, merely 2 weeks after she comes back, we sleep together. That's a big deal. Anyone could see that. I shouldn't have brought it up if I didn't want others to make it a big deal or jump to conclusions.

Sighing, I grab my phone from my nightstand and give in to the urge to message Sabrina. We exchanged numbers this morning right before I got into my car.

Hey, wyd?

As soon as I send the message, I close out of the app. As usual, my brain goes into overdrive, thinking about all the ways this could go right or wrong.

I place my phone on my stomach and wait. My heart is beating hard. I don't know why I'm nervous, we've chatted on Instagram. Maybe it was once, but still.

Seconds later my phone vibrates. I pick it up. 1 new message from Sabri. I think Sabri is a cute nickname. I don't think I've ever called her that, but I think she'd like it.

Is this a booty call?

I feel my face burn up as I read her text. Before I can respond with "no no no", another message appears.

I'm playin. Ik it's not
I'm not doing much tho, just watching  TV. Hbu?

I just woke up from a nap

Oh, and I was the first thing on ur mind? 🤭

U guessed right 😏

I'm flattered😘