Misunderstandings~

(Thank you for this request, NikochuCos !! It was fun to write! I apologize that this took a while. I'm also making the 'someone' that you mentioned be Killer because why not-)

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪≫ ══════╗

Error smiled as he lead back in his chair, setting his pen down on the desk. Said skeleton picked up the paper he was writing on and carefully read through it to make sure there were no spelling mistakes and that it would be easy to read. Plus he wanted to make sure that the words on the paper were worded as best possible. He sighed proudly and set the paper back down on the bed desk. He wrote down the final words; 'sincerely, Error'. What was this piece of paper all about you ask? Well, it was a note. Not just any note. A love note which had his feelings confessed through it towards Fresh. Fresh had been staying at the mansion for a few days since the gang needed some extra help while they were on missions. Fresh's stay only made him have butterflies in his 'stomach'. He would get extremely flustered whenever Fresh was anywhere near him. Thankfully, no one knew about his feelings towards Fresh.

Sometimes he still wondered why Fresh was the one who he fell for. Out of all the other monsters in the multiverse, he fell for one of the goofiest, cringiest, parasitic monsters ever. He'd liked Fresh now for a few months now and ever since he gained feelings for the parasite, he saw how charming he truly was. He just hoped that Fresh felt the same way he did.

Suddenly, his thoughts were interrupted by Nightmare's voice sounding through the mansion, "Come down to the grand sitting room for a meeting!" Nightmare called out. Error looked up from the paper and grabbed the note. He folded the paper twice before shoving it into his pocket. He got up from his desk and headed for the grand sitting room.

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"As you all probably know, I have made a few secret appearances at the Star Sans' base. Luckily, I was able to get just enough information on where their next mission probably is. Unfortunately, they have two different AUs in mind and I don't know their final decision. So I'm splitting the gang in two. Horror, Dust, and Cross, you three go to UnderFell. There's recently been a genocide run through that AU, so you won't have to worry about other monsters getting in the way. You three better not create chaos and mess this up." Nightmare said, giving a life-threatening glare at Horror, Dust, and Cross who all nodded quickly, "Killer, Fresh, and Error, you three are going to Outertale." And at that, they all teleported with their group and to their assigned AUs.

Killer, Fresh, and Error were all teleported to Outertale. Error looked around and smiled a bit. It's been a while since he's been to this place that would bring him peace.

"So what are we supposed to be doing?" Killer asked, "I think we're just waiting here in case the Stars Sanses show up." Fresh replied. Killer nodded. While Killer and Fresh were having their little conversation, Error had taken the note out of his pocket. He hesitantly walked up to Fresh and was about to hand him the note when Killer started up the conversation Fresh again, "Hey, uh, Fresh.. I was wondering if you'd like to go out for lunch or something." Killer said. Fresh stayed silent for a moment, "oh, sure, Killer." He said. ".. as a date.." Fresh thought for a moment, "o-oh. Well, I-" Before Fresh could finish, Killer leaned in and kissed him which left Fresh quite surprised and confused. Error stopped in his tracks and his eyes widened slightly. Someone had already beat him to it.. Error teared up a little and dropped the note on the ground. He teleported away from the two, somewhere around some trees. He sat down and curled in on himself, "I-I shouldn't have waited this long..." he said to himself, his voice being more glitched than usual.

Killer pulled away from the kiss, blushing a little, "...I-I um... Killer, I think you're a really sweet guy, but I don't think I'd ever want to be in a romantic relationship with you.." Fresh said, trying to make it as least awkward as he could, "I just.. I like someone else, and-" "no, no. I completely understand and I'm sorry for kissing you too." Killer said. He was a little guilty.

"It's alright, man." Fresh smiled. Killer nodded and smiled back. He looked around, noticing that Error wasn't with them anymore, "where's Error?" he asked. Fresh looked around as well and started walking off in attempt to find Error. He suddenly stopped in his track when he heard a rustle from underneath his feet. He lifted his foot and saw a folded paper, "huh..?" Fresh kneeled and picked up the paper up. He unfolded the paper and began to read;

'Dear Fresh, I have a confession to make. I would have kept to myself, but I can't keep it on my chest any longer. When we first met I thought you were creepy and annoying. I hated you. I despised you. But ever since we first hung out, it felt different. It felt like you actually cared. Nobody cares. But ever since that point in time, I've started to see you for how beautiful and charming you really are.

I love you, Fresh. I love you so so much. At this point I don't care how weird or how loud you are. I want to be with you for the rest of my life. I want to love you until my dying days, Fresh. I don't expect you to feel the same way. I don't expect you to have an answer immediately. I just really needed to get all this off my chest.

Sincerely, Error.'

Fresh finished reading to note with a lilac colored blush on his face. Error.. loved him..? He's loved Error for so long.. and now his biggest wish had come true. Fresh folded the note back up and slid it carefully in his pocket. His continued to search for Error. After about ten minutes of searching, Fresh saw a lonely figure near a few trees. He knew it was Error when he saw the many 'error's surrounding him. Fresh walked over to Error and hesitantly put a hand on his shoulder, "don't you fucking touch me!!" Error shoved Fresh's hand away, looking over at him. "E-Error, I-" "no! Go enjoy your time with your boyfriend over there!!" Error yelled. The expression on Error's face only made his soul ache. Error had tears streaming down his face, which made a few additional lines to his face, "Error he's not my boyfriend ... I need to talk you about something... I want to know more about this.." Fresh pulled the note out of his pocket and showed it to Error, who immediately froze up, "w-where- how-" Error started in a panicked tone-

"-I love you too, Error." Fresh blurted out with a deep blush. Error blushed deeply. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Fresh knelt down besides Error, "do... you really love me, Fresh...?" Error asked. Fresh nodded and hugged Error close, kissing his head softly, "of course I do, Error... I love you so much.." Error teared up slightly and held onto his shirt, "I-I saw you kiss Killer though..." "he kissed me. I don't feel the same way for him." Fresh held Error close to his chest.

Error closed his eyes and felt his eyes begin to grow heavy, "I love you so much Fresh..."

"I love you too, Error.

╚══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╝

I hope you liked the story!!

1303 words total