1

Prince Lee Seokmin of Kingdom Ruby has this sort of, I guess you'd say, problem. You see he likes one of his childhood friends. Has for the past few years now. He never really realized though, until he gave it some deep thought one day.

"Holy shit. I really do like him. What would he think of me though if he found out about it? What would my dad think if he found out?!"

He was obviously more scared of his dad finding out than his friend but both to him are very bad situations to happen.

Now you might be wondering who this friend is. Not that it's hard to tell seeing as you've seen the title.

The friend's name is Prince Hong Jisoo, English name Joshua, from Kingdom Sapphire. He's been friends with Seokmin since they were in diapers. You'll probably think it's funny I said that but it's true. They're also friends with the princes from allying kingdoms, as well as each others siblings of course but I'll introduce them later as the story progresses.

Now of course Seokmin, like every other person, wants to tell Joshua how he feels but is obviously too scared to so he just chooses to suffer and not say anything until he thinks the moment is right. Even though he usually chickens out even when he thinks it is.

I wouldn't say no one has noticed it because that's not true. Someone has noticed. His own best friend, Prince Choi Seungcheol from Kingdom Diamond.

"Look Min, I know you're scared of your dad finding out. We can worry about that later. You should tell Jisoo though because you know he doesn't like it when any of us lie to him." "Yeah I know but I'm scared! Plus even if I do tell him. How would I do it? I don't want to weirdly ask him out out of nowhere."

"You should take him for a walk in our rose garden." Seokmin and Seungcheol immediately turn their heads to look at the person who just spoke.

It was Prince Yoon Jeonghan from Kingdom Sapphire. Jisoo's twin brother and Seungcheol's boyfriend. "Hello love." "Hello darling. I'm serious though. Take him to the rose garden. He loves it there. I see him walking in it all the time."

Now you might be wondering why Jeonghan and Jisoo have different last names. The truth is that they used to believe that Jeonghan's father, the king, was infertile. Now the villagers didn't know this so they've always had their suspicions but the royal family didn't let that bother them. The royal family decided to get a sperm donor for them so that way they could get an heir to the throne. When the  Queen got pregnant though and they found out it was twins. They learned that the twins had 2 separate fathers. The only thing that Jisoo has left of his father is his last name since his father died when he was a baby from an illness that spread through the village.

Now with that out of the way, let's go back to the present.

"When should I do that though? I don't know when there'll be a time for me to ask him."

"Ask him at dinner this weekend. We'll all be at dinner later so our fathers can announce something big." He says gesturing to him and Seungcheol.

"Wait are you guys getting married?" "Well yes in 6 months but don't tell anyone because it's supposed to be a surprise."

"Okay fine I won't. I should leave though. I don't want to be third-wheeling with you guys anymore." The other two laugh while saying bye as he leaves.

He's lucky that Kingdom Ruby and Kingdom Diamond are near each other so he doesn't have to travel much to get home.

When he does he greets the servants as he heads to the dining room for dinner with his family. "Hello Seokmin." "Hello father." "Did you hear the news about this weekend?" "Yes father I heard it from Seungcheol and Jeonghan themselves." "Well then you must know more than we do." The King says chuckling, referring to himself and Seokmin's brothers.

"Your lucky hyung. You're best friends with Seungcheol so you always know things before everyone else does." Chan, the youngest, says whining.

"Well it's not their fault they grew up together. They are only a few years apart." Says Jihoon, the middle child in terms of birthdays.

"Well you're only a year younger than us Ji, you have no room to talk. You're also best friends with Jisoo so you possibly know more than us too." Wonwoo, Seokmin's twin brother, responds.

A little fact about Wonwoo. He chose to have his mother's maiden name, Jeon, as his last name because it's one of the only things he has had since she died. He and Seokmin were only a few months old when she did.

Same reason as Jisoo but their mom's death was something else not an illness. I won't tell you what it is though. Not now but I will later.

"Maybe I do. You'll never know." Wonwoo rolled his eyes at his brother.

Now the two youngest children, Chan and Jihoon, also had their mother taken away from them but for the same reason as to why Jisoo's father died. She loved being in the village and helping the people there, but that also sadly meant contracting the illness that was there, so as a result she died only a few years after Chan was born. In the end Chan never really knew his mother and Jihoon doesn't have a lot of memories of her either.

Seokmin always wondered what his and Wonwoo's mother was like but his father would always get upset whenever he asked so eventually one day he just stopped.

"Boys eat up so you can go to bed. It's getting very late." "Yes father." They all said in unison and quickly ate their dinner in silence before finishing and heading up to their rooms.

When Seokmin went to his room, he immediately got out his journal and started writing ideas of how he was going to confess to Jisoo in the rose garden.

He kept doing that until he got tired and eventually went to sleep.

———————
Oh god it's my first time writing a story like this I'm so excited!

I'll see you guys in the next chapter!

Bye~~