19

It was a few days later and the twins were with their father and their partners in the dining room discussing plans for the wedding.

"Okay so what theme do you two want?" "We were thinking of doing this." Seungcheol grabs one of the papers sprawled out on the table and hands it to the king. "Oh that's really nice. Good choice." "Thank you."

While they were discussing food choices for the wedding the twins' mother came in. "Hey guys. What's going on here?" "We're discussing wedding plans." "Oh. Which one of you is getting married?"

"We are ma'am." Seungcheol says grabbing Jeonghan's hand. Iseul looks at their dad. "You let our son do something like this?" "If you mean be happy and get married to the love of his life then yes, yes I did." "I meant let him marry a man. How will they even have children and have another heir to the throne?"

"There's these things called adoption and surrogacy. They'll be fine. I just want them to be happy." "Let me guess. You let that one be with a man as well." She says pointing at Joshua. "Yes because he's with someone that makes him happy."

"I can't believe this." "Okay and?" "I don't approve of this." "I don't care that you don't. You don't have a  say in this." "I'm their mother! Of course I do!"

"*sigh* I'm done with this." Joshua stands up and goes in front of his mother. "I'm done with you. You know I tried to be nice because you're our mother but now that you're acting like a bitch because of who we love I can't take it anymore."

"I'm your mom! I should have an opinion on this!" "You can't just waltz in here out of nowhere and start acting like the parent you never were! That's not how this works!! If you really wanted to act like a parent to us, you should've been here from the beginning! Not just show up when you want to!"

Joshua's family has never seen him lash out like this. Seokmin felt proud but also scared at the same time. His boyfriend is typically very calm in stressful situations, so seeing him lose control like that was very new to him.

Joshua continues, "You know as a kid I constantly wish for you to come back into our lives. Day after day I would wish for you to come and actually take care of us; but now.. I don't even want you here. Now that you're in front of me and trying to redeem yourself. I want nothing to do with you. Now go back to where you came from and stop acting like you're in this family still."

With that, Joshua walk out the room with Jeonghan and Seokmin following after him.

Seungcheol turns to the twins' mother. "I hope you're happy to know that you're the reason your kids hate you."

He then leaves the room to catch up to the other three outside. Iseul sat down on a nearby chair and looked towards Junghoon.

"How can I tell them that I left to save the kingdom?"

———————
oop cliffhanger 👀

I'll see you guys in the next chapter!

Bye~~