18

*time skip*

It's been a few weeks since the twins' mother came back and they still haven't warmed up to the idea that their other was back.

Seokmin and Seungcheol had come over to spend time with their partners when the twins' mother walked into the room they're in. "Hey boys. I had one of the cooks cut some fruit for you guys." The boys didn't even look at her. "Okay."

She placed the fruit on the table they were sitting at and made her over to the door to leave. "Um well.. let me know if you guys need anything."

When she walked out Seokmin asked," Aren't you guys being a little too harsh on her?" "I don't think so at all. What about you Jeonghan?" "I don't think so either."

"C'mon guys. Aren't you supposed to be happy that your mom came back after so long? I mean from what your dad said, she didn't really have a choice but to leave. She literally had to escape from where she was to be with you guys again." "Yeah but, if she really was trying to escape from wherever she was, wouldn't she have come back years ago? Like 20 years ago when we were kids or at least when we were teenagers. Not when we're almost 30?" "Okay yeah I understand that but you don't know everything she's been through." Seokmin tries to reason.

"I know baby but when our dad was telling us about her something felt off." Joshua points out. "His tone didn't sound like a person who was relieved that their lover who was taken from them is back." "I noticed it too but I didn't want to say anything about it." Jeonghan says.

"What do you mean?" "He sounded annoyed about the whole ordeal. He won't stand next to her or even look at her whenever they're in the same room. They don't sleep in the same room like a normal couple would. He won't even mention to the public that she's back which his servant has asked about multiple times."

"Okay yeah that's a little weird." "Exactly. That's why I think something happened for dad not to care about her being taken when we were kids." "I did find it odd that dad had no reaction to her being back."

"Look I don't want to talk about this anymore. Can we just go back to planning?" "Yeah sure."

———————
What do you guys think happened for their dad not to care?

I'll see you guys in the next chapter!

Bye~~