23

It was now only two weeks before the wedding and Jisoo was currently busy calming down his brother who was freaking out about the smallest things going wrong. "But Shua what if something bad happens? Like what if my suit gets ruined the night before the wedding?" "You literally have it locked in a box inside your closet. I'm sure your suit will be fine."

"Well what if not everyone got their invitations?" "Hannie our servants aren't the type to miss people when doing that kind of stuff." In the midst of the chaos, Seungcheol walked in after being asked by a concerned servant, who called at the beginning of Jeonghan's freak out, to help calm down Jeonghan.

"Oh thank god you're here. Please deal with your fiancé." Seungcheol laughed at Joshua as he approached Jeonghan. "Hannie love?" Jeonghan turned his attention to Seungcheol. "Baby are you okay?" After hearing that Jeonghan broke down into tears.

"Cheollie!" Seungcheol embraced him rubbing his back to sooth him. "What's wrong my love?" "I don't know. The closer the wedding gets the more scared I am something will go wrong." "Hannie I promise you nothing will go wrong." "Are you sure?" "Yes I'm sure."

While Seungcheol continued to comfort Jeonghan, Joshua had left the room to give them some privacy.

When he walked out he saw Seokmin near the entrance not sure what to do. "Min?"

Seokmin turned towards the male. "Minnie what are you doing here?" "I was hanging out with Cheol when that servant called and asked him to come here so I just came with him." "Couldn't you have just stayed and hung out with Mingyu?" "Why? Do you not want me here? I'm hurt. Also Mingyu is hanging out with Woo today so no I couldn't." "I was just curious! Also they have been hanging out with each other a lot lately."

"Yeah I know. It's making me question if anything is going on between them." "Yeah same here." "I'll make sure to bug Woo about it later." "Haha okay."

They stood there chatting for a while until Jeonghan and Seungcheol came out of the room. "You good now Han?" "Yeah I'm good. I've just been stressed out lately as we finalize everything for the wedding." "Okay yeah understandable but I'm sure the wedding will go well and nothing will go wrong."

"If you say so. I'm just really worried about one thing." "And that is?" "What if our mother shows up to the wedding?" "That definitely won't be happening."

They all turn to the direction the voice came from. "Dad? What do you mean?" "I mean this."

The King pulls a letter out of his pocket. "I received this today and it's about your mother." "Oh please what does she want now?" Joshua says annoyed. "She's ill. Very ill. The reason why she came back was because she doesn't have much longer to live. She at least wanted to see you guys one last time before passing." "Oh please you expect me to believe that?" Joshua says looking at his father in disbelief. "In my opinion she probably just saw it as an excuse to try and redeem herself. I mean how do we even know if she's really sick?"

"It's true." A servant said stepping forward. "I was sent to see her today and while I was there she was coughing up blood."

Joshua didn't want to be mean but in his head he couldn't care less. His mother was never there and she hurt his father. All he thought of when he heard the news was good riddance.

"Now I would say I feel bad but at the same time I hardly knew the woman. It's hard to feel grief for someone you never knew." Jeonghan says. "Yeah that's true. I just wanted you guys to know before it happens so that way when the day comes you aren't shocked."

"I don't think either of us would've reacted much. Like he said we hardly knew her so it's hard to give a big reaction to someone you didn't really know. I'm also sorry to say this but that's karma for hurting the people around her. She had it coming is all I'm saying." "Well damn Joshua you didn't have to be that harsh." "I'm just saying the truth."

"Okay I get that but be mindful that there are people who don't know what happened and still love her. Some of our new servants don't even know what happened and I'd like to keep it that way so as to not hurt their feelings." "Fine but don't expect me to comfort anyone." "I don't expect you to."

"Now can we please shift our focus to something else? I don't want to talk about illness and eatha anymore." "I don't either. Jeonghan. Seungcheol. How about we discuss the final details of your wedding." "I'd like that." "Okay."

They walked back into the room they were previously in and Seokmin and Joshua decided to go up to the older's room for the time being.

"Hm what should we do" "I would say play a board game but we do that a lot with our friends." "How about we just sit and enjoy each other's company for a while "Okay yeah that sounds good."

They sat there in silence for a while. In the middle of their quiet time Joshua had got up and grabbed a book to read. He then sat down next to Seokmin and rested his back against the younger's shoulder.

Joshua would make comments on the book to Seokmin to strike up conversation. This went on for a while until Seungcheol came in to say goodbye.

"Hey guys I'm leaving right now since it's getting late so I just came in to say bye." "Yeah I should really get going too." Said Seokmin. "I told my dad that I'd be home for dinner today." "Aw okay." Joshua responded, kinda sad that Seokmin couldn't stay any longer.

Seokmin noticed and kissed Joshua's cheek. "I'll most likely be back tomorrow so don't be upset. Alright?" "Okay." Joshua said with a soft smile as he sat up so Seokmin could get up.

Seungcheol smiled at the interaction and then left with Seokmin following behind him.

The driver dropped off Seokmin first before taking Seungcheol home seeing as it was more convenient.

When Seokmin got home he immediately went to the dining room. Noticing he was the first one there he sat down and patiently waited for everyone else to arrive.

One by one is siblings started to walk in. Wonwoo walked in first as he was just outside saying goodbye to Mingyu.

"Hey Woo." "Hey Min." "How's Gyu doing?" "Fine. Why'd you ask" "You guys have been hanging out a lot recently so I thought you'd know since I haven't seen him a lot recently." "You literally saw him this morning." "Yeah as I was walking out to hang out with Seungcheol hyung. We didn't really talk, just said hi to each other."

"Well you could've asked then." "I could've but I didn't." Wonwoo rolled his eyes at him. "You're annoying." "With you. I try to be."

Chan had walked in right after with Jihoon and sat next to him as they all waited for their dad to show up.

After a while he walked in and notified a servant nearby that they were ready for dinner then sat down.

"Hello boys." "Hi dad." They all held small conversations until the food had arrived.

They ate in a peaceful silence till they were all finished and headed upstairs to get ready for bed.

After getting ready for bed Seokmin wrote in his journal about his day then headed to bed.

———————
Kinda rushed the ending but whatever.

Sorry for being dead lmao. Senior year has been a pain in the ass and has been taking up most of my time. Hopefully second semester isn't that bad (probably will be but I'll manage).

I'll see you guys in the next chapter!

Bye~~