6

"What was that?" "I said I like you."

Joshua was shocked. He had never expected one of his friends to like him like that. He's never even thought about the fact that he could possibly like one of his friends let alone Seokmin.

"It's okay if you don't like me back." "It's not that I don't. I just.. I don't know how I feel. I've never thought about it before." "It's fine if you need some time to think. I can wait." "I just don't want to hurt you by saying something I don't mean."

"How about this. We go on little dates every once in a while and after a month we'll see how you feel then." "I'll take you up on that offer." Seokmin chuckles, "Well in that case. Hong Jisoo, will you go on a date with me next Saturday? We can do whatever you want." (I just realized while typing this I made them do the same thing as Beomgyu and Taehyun in Don't Say It 😂)

"I would love to. Can we go to the village? There's this shop that I want to visit that your brother recommended. Apparently they make great suits. I think he's wearing something from there tonight." "Yeah I know he told me about it. We'll go there then." "Okay."

They walk around for a few more minutes until they decided to go back inside before people started to look for them.

Joshua went to talk to guests while Seokmin went to find Seungcheol and Jeonghan to tell them what had just happened. Who he finds talking to each other in a corner away from everyone else.

"Hey Cheol. Han." He says as he gets near them. "Hey Min. What's up?" "I told Joshua."

They both snap their heads towards him. "What do you mean 'you told Joshua'?" "I mean I told him how I feel about him."

"How did that go?" "Better than I expected actually. He doesn't know how he feels about me yet so I'll be taking him on dates every once in a while and in a month he'll tell me how he feels then. We'll actually be going on a date next Saturday." "See it wasn't completely terrible. I bet that in a month he will like you."

"Huh... I thought he already liked you though?" Jeonghan says confused. "What do you mean?" "He talks about you so much and whenever something is mentioned that you like he always has to point that out or whenever there's a big event he'll always ask if your family is going especially you. I never pointed it out to him or told you about it because I thought he already knew and you guys would figure it out yourselves."

"Wow that's.. a lot to take in." "Yeah I know but at least you're working it out now on your own, so me saying anything wouldn't have really mattered." "I guess."

The sound of glass clinking cut off their conversation.

"Okay everyone it's time to finally give the big announcement!" said King Junghoon. "Can I have Prince Seungcheol and Prince Jeonghan come over here please?"

The room erupted in cheers as the two princes made their way towards the King.

"We are very happy to announce that Prince Seungcheol and Prince Jeonghan are happily engaged and that the wedding is in 6 months. All allied Kingdoms are invited to attend."

The room was filled with cheers again and people were starting to approach the couple to congratulate them.

Their friends were waiting in the corner for the two to finally finish talking to people.

When they did Seokmin was the first to speak, " Congrats you two even though I knew the whole time." "Yeah yeah thanks dude." The rest of their friends congratulated them and then continued to chat for the rest of the night.

In Seokmin's mind though he was trying to decide how to make his first date with Joshua memorable.

In Joshua's mind, every time he looked over at Seokmin, he was debating with himself whether or not he actually does see Seokmin as more than a friend.

———————
I'm not that mean you guys. Not like Nyu.

I'll see you guys in the next chapter!

Bye~~