20

"Left to save the kingdom? No you only left to 'save yourself'."

"Junghoon please you have to understand-" "Understand what? That you left me by myself to go off with some guy who threatened to hurt the boys unless you went with him? I know it was fake Iseul!"

"How did you know that it was fake?" "I heard you the day that "threat" happened."

*flashback*

"Don't worry love, everything will work out fine." The king was wondering who was in the room so he decided to take a closer look by peaking through the door that was slightly open.

In the room he saw his wife with some random guy, being extremely touchy with each other, talking about some plan they made that they were going to play out during dinner later.

Upset by what he was hearing, the king slowly made his way to his sons' room. "What's wrong Appa?" Jeonghan asks as soon as his dad walks in. "Yeah Appa. Why do you look upset?" Joshua asks. "Oh no it's nothing boys, don't worry about it. You two should get ready for dinner later. Your mother and I will be waiting. Oh and some of your friends will be here as well."

"Okay Appa!" The boys said in unison making the three of them laugh. The king gave his sons a small smile before leaving the room.

He left to go to tell all their servants about what he had heard. He told them that when it happens they should just let it be. After that he left and went to the dining room to wait for their guests so he could tell them before his wife showed up.

*end of flashback*

"Do you know how hard it was for me to tell the twins that you were never coming back? It was especially hard for Jisoo because he was so convinced that you would but as he got older he grew to accept the fact that you were gone forever. That's why he reacted the way he did. I don't blame him either. I would react the same way if my mom decided to come back into my life, and you know how much I hate my mother."

"To the point where you want our sons to never know anything about her." "And yet you did the exact same thing she did."

"I'm so sorry Junghoon. I'm really sorry." "No you're not. If you felt bad and were sorry you wouldn't have done it in the first place."

"Junghoon I-" "Hoseok. Please show her out." "Yes sir." Hoseok gestured to the door and Iseul got up from where she was sitting, following out of the room. Passing by the twins and their partners on the way.

"Hoping she never comes back." Joshua states. "Agreed." Jeonghan responds nodding. Their partners nod as well agreeing while they all watch her leave.

They walk back into the dining room to find the king still sitting at the table with his head low. "Appa?"

The king raised his head up to look at them. "Appa are you okay?" "*sigh* Yeah I'm fine. How are you boys doing?" "Annoyed." "Yeah that's reasonable."

They sat there in silence for a while until the king spoke again. "How about we continue talking about these wedding plans?" "Okay."

The four boys sat back down at the table and continued what they were originally in there for.

———————
I'll see you guys in the next chapter!

Bye~~