31 - Poor Unfortunate Soul

Flashback

It was a cold and foggy night as Captain Hook and the Jolly Roger crew were sailing through the waters of the Enchanted Forest at night. Captain Hook walked up to the helm carrying a lantern as Smee was by the wheel eating cake, "Mr Smee, we are to return to Neverland with a full hold... Not full bellies," Captain Hook said.

"Come on, Captain. Pan will never notice if a few cakes are missing," Mr Smee said.

"You can eat as many cakes as you want after I find a way to destroy the Dark One. Until then, we keep Pan happy," Captain Hook said.

"Of course," Mr Smee said.

"Darling," Captain Hook and Mr Smee looked to see Eleanor walking onto the deck and a crew member rushed over to help her up to the helm to their captain, "Thank you," She smiled at the crewman before she walked over to Captain Hook, "There you are," Eleanor said.

"I told you to rest and while you rested I'd be at the helm," Captain Hook said.

"Did you?" He nodded with a soft smile, "Oh... Oh, yes I remember now," She chuckled a little, "Sorry, I worried," Eleanor said.

"What are you doing up here? You know you could get hurt," Captain Hook said.

"You said the sea air would do me some good, and I've been stuck in your cabin for weeks, I don't think the smell of leather and rum is doing my health any good... I won't be a bother, promise," Eleanor said.

"Be careful, love," Eleanor smiled and kissed his cheek as he smiled then suddenly, the men on the ship began to look entranced as a woman's voice could be heard singing in the distance, "Do you hear that?" Captain Hook asked

"It's beautiful," Mr Smee said.

The sound of waves crashing came but the crew were too entranced by the Siren's song to notice anything. Suddenly, the singing stopped, the crew came back to their senses, "Magic..." Eleanor said.

Captain Hook glanced at her before he looked through his telescope and saw that they were heading towards rocks, "Rocks dead ahead!" Captain Hook yelled.

Captain Hook raced back to the helm, he held Eleanor close to him as he forcefully tried the steer the ship away suddenly from the rocks and was successful.

Mr Smee stood beside him, "That voice, captain... What was it?" Mr Smee asked.

Captain Hook was breathing heavily, "The most dangerous creature in all the seas... A mermaid," Captain Hook looked at Eleanor, "Are you okay, love?" Captain Hook asked.