40 - Mother

At Granny's, Lily was eating as Maleficent was watching her, "You're so beautiful," Lily looked at her, "Sorry. I just... Just... You are, that's all," Maleficent said.

"So how are we gonna get revenge on Prince Charming?" Lily asked.

"Now that I see you, I don't wanna waste our time on revenge. I understand why you want it. It's suddenly so clear we should only look forward," Maleficent said.

 It's suddenly so clear we should only look forward," Maleficent said

"Seriously? We're gonna let him get away with this?" Lily asked.

"We can be happy in the future or we can be angry about the past," Maleficent said.

"Let's do both. Look, all these years since I figured out what happened, I...I've been trying to figure out how two humans could get me away from a freakin' dragon. But now I get it. You're a pushover. What'd they do, rub your belly? Give you a dragon treat?" Lily said angrily.

"Cute kid, Mal," Kerr commented as he walked past their table.

"Lily... No. I did everything I could. But all I wanna do now is enjoy our time together. I am your mother," Maleficent said.

"Well, I'm grown up now. I don't need grooming advice from Annie Hall. I gotta go," Lily said as she stood up and started to walk away.

"Wait! Wait. Please," Maleficent stood up and Lily looked at her, "If you go if you leave town, you can't get back in. I can't leave at all. I'll crumble back into the dust that I was before Gold revived me," Lily said.

"Man, that's a bummer," Lily said.

"Please. Can't you just wait a little longer? Things could look different in a week," Maleficent said.

"Send me a postcard," Lily said and walked out of the diner.

"Branston," Kerr walked over to Maleficent, "Where's your mother?" Maleficent asked.

"Dealing with an ill dragon," Kerr said.

"Stepfather and sister?" Maleficent asked and Kerr sighed then nodded.

♥✨♥✨♥✨♥✨♥✨♥

Kerr and Maleficent walked into the Knight/Nolan household and David looked at them in shock, "I'm not here to kill you," Maleficent said.

"Okay..." David said.

"I just... I just want my daughter," Maleficent said.

"Lily isn't with you?" David asked.

"She's leaving," Maleficent said.

"And you think I can help... Come in," David said.

Maleficent walked further into the living room with him and Kerr, "Snow cast the second curse. Can you... Is there a way for you to seal the borders the way Regina did?" Maleficent asked.