42 - Operation Mongoose: Part One

Henry, Julia and Daniella were walking in the woods with a copy of Isaac's story, "Many deadly traps were set to protect the forest hideaway, a pit trap under the cedar tree..." They saw a bed of leaves in a random square shape and they walked around it, "A falling log hung just beyond..." They saw a large log and a tripwire and they stepped over it, "And finally, at the centre of the willow forest, there was a rustic version of... Home," Henry read and they saw a tree stump, he closed the book, putting it away and they walked towards it.

"Hello? Is anyone here?" Julia called out.

"Turn around slowly," They turned around and saw Regina pointing an arrow at Henry, "Who are you? What do you want?" Regina asked.

"My name is Henry. And I'm your son," Henry said.

"I'm Julia, your daughter," Julia said.

"And I'm Daniella, you're granddaughter," Daniella said.

"Mad deja-vu," Julia said.

Back at the village, Isaac was walking back to see if the kids were dead, "Come on, Henry, Julia, Daniella. Please be dead. Please be dead. Please be dead," He saw the children were gone and a dead ogre in front of him, "I should have remembered. I wrote the book. The Ogre Slayer," Isaac said.

Back at the stump, Regina, Daniell, Julia and Henry were inside, the children were trying to convince Regina about the alternative universe, "But we're telling you..." Henry said.

"That we're trapped inside a book?" Regina said.

"Yeah," The children said.

"And I'm supposed to live in a place called Maine? Where I became your..." Regina pointed to Henry and Julia, "Adopted mother after someone named Elaine gave you up?" Regina said.

"Come on, mom. You can remember," Henry said.

"Well, now that I think about it..." She walked to him, "This does make me wonder one thing. Who sent you??" Regina said as she threatened Henry with a knife.

"Mom, please. Nobody sent us," Henry said.

"Stop calling me that! Are you working for the Queen?" Regina said.

"No. I'm trying to help you," Henry said.

"Mom, stop!" Julia said.

"Help me, what?" Regina asked.

"Find your happy ending. In our world, we called it Operation Mongoose," Henry said.

Regina chuckled and put the knife away, "That is a very silly name," Regina said.

"You thought it," Daniella said.

Julia rushed over to her brother, "Are you okay?" Julia asked.

"I'm okay," Henry said.

"You actually believe this. So you're crazy, all three of you," Regina said.

"We're not and I can prove it. This is a copy of the book we're trapped in," Julia said as she showed her the book.