43 - Operation Mongoose: Part Two

Henry, Julia and Daniella looked at Katy who was following them, "If you don't believe us, why are you helping us?" Henry asked.

"You're children, lost and there are some very bad people around that will hurt anyone who knows my girls," Katy said.

"My girls?" Daniella asked.

"I didn't say that," Katy said quickly.

"Yes you did, you remember," Henry said.

"I don't remember nothing," Katy said as she looked away.

"Surely Aunt Emma or our mom told you that you're a bad liar..." Julia said.

Katy looked at them, "So what are we looking for?" Katy asked.

In the Enchanted Forest, Rumpelstiltskin rode back home, children in the village cheered for his return as he approached a small cottage. Rumpelstiltskin walked inside, "Callie!" He said with a smile.

Callie looked at him with a smile, they walked over to each other and kissed then the baby giggled interrupting them, "Sounds like someone else wanted to celebrate your return," Callie said.

"And how is the newest member of our dear family?" Rumpelstiltskin asked as he looked at their son.

"With any luck, he'll grow up to be just like dear old dad," Isaac said.

Rumpelstiltskin turned to see Isaac, "Callie, dear, you didn't tell me we had a visitor," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Name's Isaac. I was travelling through your village, when your wife invited me in to slake my thirst," Isaac took a sip of his water, "Mm, not to be too picky, but the water tastes a little murky," Isaac said.

"Oh. I'll get some that's fresh from the well," Callie said and walked out of their cottage.

"You didn't come here for the water," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Perceptive in all worlds. Good. Yes. I came here to warn," Isaac walked over to him, "Your happiness is in danger," Isaac said.

"From what?" Rumpelstiltskin asked.

"Three children. They're on a mission to help the bandit, Regina. If they succeed, everyone you have will be destroyed. Not to mention what I have," Isaac said.

"Ha! What nonsense. How can some stranger's actions affect my life?" Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Because your happiness, your entire life... It's not real. I know because I am the one who created it... With magic and it is all about to crumble. Regina's true love is about to be executed. She's going to try and stop the execution. You cannot let her succeed. You have to kill her," Isaac said.

"Demon!" Rumpelstiltskin took out his sword and pointed it at Isaac, "You've been sent here to try to corrupt me," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"You have already been corrupted. Before all of this, you were a villain... Maybe the worst one of all. Which is why you had me use magic to rewrite your story. Look, I can prove it to you. I...I know things... The secrets that you've kept from Callie and Katelyn... The ones about your first son... Baelfire and the Dark Sorceress," Isaac said.

"Where did you hear that name? And how of my history with her?" Rumpelstiltskin Asked.

"In this story, he was killed in the ogre wars despite your heroic efforts. But in reality, your son died because of your cowardice," Isaac said.

"No, no, no. I...I protected him. I did my best. I...I was honourable," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"No. You weren't. Your son died because of you... And then you had a daughter, Lady Katelyn, with the bandit Regina, as you both were well-known acquaintances once, both wanting a child, you to forget about your son and her to fill the emptiness your adopted daughter the Dark Sorceress now known as the Evil Queen has given her. You removed Katelyn's memories of her mother when Priscilla raised war against her. You abandoned Priscilla when she turned dark, but you were the reason she turned, you convinced her that it would make her stronger, that it would give her the revenge she craved," Isaac said.