An Unexpected Guest

If you don't like the name Eiram, just imagine it's your name or something. ^^

      The young girl, Eiram sighed, as she twirled her pencil between her fingers boredly, her eyes staring blankly on the sheet of paper laying unused on her desk.
      She had been working on some ideas for her new book that was promised to be done in two months.

TWO. MONTHS.

      'How will I ever get this done in two months! I'm such and idiot to have promised such a thing. What will I say when I have nothin' to give.' She thought dully, as she groaned leaning farther back in her chair.
      Her long, rust brown curls falling back, as she rubbed her tired, strained eyes.

      She then stretched in her seat, proceeding to go limp in her chair, dropping her pencil in the process, her orbs following lazily as it rolled away. Only to roll under the couch in it's escape.

     The young girl sighed once more, shifting a bit, folding her arms across her chest, her head tilting back a bit more, her eyes closing.

      'Maybe a little nap wouldn't hurt.' She hummed to herself, listening to the birds in her yard chirp, the small fountain on the back patio, and the long hanging chimes tinkling its mellow tune.
      A small, but noticeable cross-breeze filtered in from her kitchen and family-room windows, blowing softly against Eiram's figure. A truly relaxing moment.

RRIIIIIIING!

RRIIIIIIING!

     A loud and obnoxious ring tone filled the room, just as she was dozing off to sleep.

      The short female screeched, shoving herself off her chair, landing with an ungracful thud, on her hardwood floor.
She groaned, rubbing her hip to ease the dull ache that settled in from her unforseen blunder.

      "This better be important, or I swear-" she grumbled, pulling herself off the floor, grabbing her still ringing phone from the desk to answer, or decline, the individual who dared to interupt her peaceful rest.

     The caller ID name,🎉BLONDE BESTIE🎉, was shown in bold letters, on the top of her screen.
      Obviously named by the person herself and not by Eiram.
The tired girls eyebrow raised a bit at the name that was on her screen.

      'Leah? I haven't heard from her in a while. Wonder what she wants.' She thought in confusion. Her eyes narrowed at the number wondering if she should answer or go back to sleep. But, knowing that her energetic friend would probably call her again, she begrudgingly pressed the answer button.

The noise was immediate.

Leah: "Heeeyyy bestie, how have you been doin'?!?! I haven't heard from you in ages!!!!"

      She shouted through the phone.
Eiram sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose, feeling a headache forming already.

Eiram: "I'm fine, how have you been doing Leah?"

      She asked boredly, though still trying to be polite.

Leah: "That's good to hear, I've been doing pretty well myself, thanks for asking!!"

Eiram: "Your welcome?" She hummed, not knowing what to say next.

Eiram: "Why are you calling me?"

Leah: "...."

      Silence met the unanswered question from the other side of the phone.