A New Scent

Hi everyone. I just want to point out that in the last chapter in the book I kept using the word, 'It' a lot when it came to the hybrids gender. The reason for this was because Eiram did not know the gender of them yet.
      And I know you might know who they are, but the point is that Eiram didn't. So in this chapter I will confirm who they are.
      I hope you enjoy !!!😄

Hybrids POV:

      "Come on, guys!" Denki, the yellow fox hybrid whined, "I can't believe you aren't able to smell it! And here you say I'm the dumb one."

      Katsuki, the wolf hybrid, growled in annoyance for being disturbed of his quiet time, turning from his back, to his side on the leaf nest he made to face the fox.

      "Just shut up already Dunce Face! If none of us can smell it, then it isn't there!"

      "Yeah man," the King Shepherd, Eijiro agreed, nodding his head, "I don't think there's anything to worry about. It could be one of the other hybrids scent, and if there really was something big going on, we would at least hear it." He said this while moving towards him, licking the fur on the top of  Denki's head, hoping to calm him down.

      "Just ignore it." Katsuki grumbled, "If it still bothers you after an hour, hour and a half, you may go and check it out. Otherwise, stop being noisy and leave me alone." The human side of Katsuki shifted into his wolf form and quickly made himself comfortable once again. Denki huffed,

"Fine. But don't say I didn't tell you." He got up and walked away in his fox form, slinking into the shadows of the forest. After a while of silence, Eijiro spoke.

      "What if he's right bakubro?" He questioned, turning his head to look at the ash-blonde beast. "What if he can sense something we can't?"

      Dispite Katsuki's obvious annoyance to the question, he replied in a calmer tone than when he did with the fox. Seeing as he considered the red-furred hybrid to be more of his equal, giving him more respect.

      "Think about it." He stated plainly, "Don't you think it would be weird that a stupid fox would be able to know something without the both of us knowing as well?"

      "Okay, number one, Denki is not stupid." Eijiro contradicted, defending his fellow packmate. Katsuki lifted his head and gave him a dry look.

      "O-okay, he has his moments. But still, he knows his stuff." He sniffed defiantly. "Number two, he's a hybrid just like the rest of us. We should cut him some slack." Katsuki huffed,

      "Say what you will, I'm going back to sleep, because someone couldn't stop snoring last night." Eijiro's ears flattened a bit at the rude comment.

"Hey! I don't snore!"

"Yeah, you do."

      Later on that day, Denki was muttering to himself as he walked barefoot in his human form through the forest. (With clothes on, obviously.) His head downcast as he kicked at a pebble in frustration. After he had talked to the other dog related hybrids, he had gone to the feline ones, hoping they would believe his story. They didn't however, which left the poor fox feeling defeated.

      "I know what I smelled. It clearly was a human entering our territory. But not the same person that comes and feeds us everyday, it was different this time. And it's not visting hours yet. If only I could smell it again, that way I would be able to track that person down." He thought gloomily. "Unless their already gone." He concluded, praying that wasn't the case, just so he could prove everyone wrong out of spite.