Ch. 24

'Thump'

      A sound could be heard somewhere around the house. Eiram's eyes squinted when she opened them slowly, her brows were furrowed.

'Thump thump'

      More thumps could be heard upstairs and they traveled down the staircase quickly. Then there was silence. Eiram huffed, heaving herself out of bed and stumbled out her bedroom door towards the living room.
      In the middle of the room was Denki in his fox form, his tail was swishing slowly as he paced around the room. His ears were laid back and he didn't seem to hold the same energy he normally would.

      "Morning." Eiram greeted quietly. Denki looked up and stood to walk to her. His tail was no longer drooped, instead it was wagging calmly. He transformed into his human form and wrapped his arms around the small girls frame.

      "Good morning Eiram! How are ya?" He hummed in her ear as he rubbed his cheek on the top of her head.

      "I- I'm good. How are you?" The brunette stood there frozen for a few seconds before relaxing.

      "Good." The boy chirped, his tail swayed evenly. After a few minutes of silence, Eiram could hear someone coming down the stairs. Eiram turned her head to the sound, still being hugged by Denki.
      It was Izuku. He was still in his bunny themed pajamas and his fluffy hair was sticking up even more. He yawned and looked over to where Eiram and Denki were standing, a happy and tired smile spread on his face.

      "Good morning!" He waved over to them on his way to the kitchen.

"Morning!"

      "Good morning Izuku." The two greeted him, Denki released his hold on Eiram and went to follow the other hybrid. The young girl was going to do the same when a feather floated in her vision and booped her nose. She looked back up the stairs and saw Keigo leaning over the railing. He had a coy smile was on his face, showing off one of his large canines.

     "Hello Birdie." He hummed lazily, his wings seemed to puff out more than usual.

     "Mm, hello." She was caught off guard with the nickname but she didn't protest. She squeaked when the hawk jumped over the wooden railing and floated down to the carpeted floor gently.
      Izuku heard her squeak and power walked to the room she was in, a piece of toast in his mouth. He stood near the entrance of the room, watching for any possible aggression though the hawk didn't notice him.

      "It's kinda chilly in here." He hummed and brought his large wings to curl around him as he plopped on the couch. He wiggled happily with a grin, almost like a child.

      "Is it?" Denki pranced in as well, a few peices of toast in his hands, he handed Eiram a slice before hopping up the stairs and disappeared down the hallway.

      The short girl blinked and took a bite of her toast slowly and turned to Izuku.

      "It's cold in here?"

      "Not for me.." The bunny shrugged. 

      "Hmm, I guess I could turn the AC off." She could see Keigo nod furiously in approval. She sighed and walked up the stairs slowly, she wasn't fully "alive" yet.
      She switched the thermostat of the house to a warmer temperature. When she finished, she looked down the hallway, she could hear soft murmers coming from the room Hitoshi was in. She tip-toed to the door that was slightly cracked. She saw Hitoshi laying in the bed, all of the blankets were off him even though he has shivering. Shota was sitting on the edge of the bed holding Hitoshi's hand gently, his brows creased with worry. Hizashi was standing directly behind him.