The other hybrid's POV

Hitoshi's long fur along his spine prickled and his whiskers twitched as the ground vibrated beneath him, warning him of a sudden approach.
      He lifted his head from the soft grass and looked in the direction he felt the vibration was coming from. There was only one individual who would just invite himself to another's territory with no care in the world.

Denki.

      "He's coming." Hitoshi groaned, waiting for the jump he was about to receive. The other felines looked at him pityingly, knowing what was about to occur. Shota chuckled lowly at his adopted son.

      "You made the mistake of befriending the fox, and now you have to pay the price of constant, loud affection. Believe me, I know the feeling." He stated dryly, as he looked up at the yellow cardinal in the tree, preening his feathers. Everyone else looked at him as well, including the hawk that perched not too far away from him.

      The small bird, also known as Hizashi, stopped his movements and glanced at all the other hybrids, realizing the comment that Shota made was directed at him.

      "Hey!" He chirped indigently, his feathers ruffling, "I am a perfect person to befriend. When it comes to me, there is no mistake!" Shota humphed, though you could tell he was only joking.

      Hitoshi sighed and looked back into the trees in front of him. The vibrations had stopped and he was wondering if Denki was going to appear or not. But after a few moments of nothing happening, Hitoshi sighed and turned to go back to his previous spot.

"Guess he's not coming after all." He thought. He proven wrong when a shadow was cast over him and a familiar weight tackled him to the ground, making him land with an 'oomph'.

      "Hey there Toshi, how's it goin'?" Denki greeted enthusiastically, his tail swishing behind him. The Maine coon hybrid could only respond with a weak hiss with his shoulders and face plastered in the grass by the fox's large paws. Not really bothered with the reply of his companion, the golden fox sat comfortably on the others back.

      "Why are you here, Denki?" Shota asked, slightly concerned for the wellbeing of his "son".

Denki's eyes sparkled,

      "Well," he began, "I was talking to my packmates earlier about people entering our enclosure. And I wanted to know if one of you would like to investigate with me."

      "Won't any of your packmates come with you?" The red Hawk Keigo butted in, his head tilted to the side.

      "No, they didn't believe me." The fox said, shaking his head. "So I thought maybe some of you would like to join me in my investigation."

      "I don't know kid," Keigo said doubtfully, "there hasn't been a person here that's wanted to adopt us for a while." Denki lifted his head up to the larger bird, his ears flattening in disappointment.

      "But there could be a chance. Whoever it is might give us a home." He protested. The white tiger, Shoto, that lay nearby huffed.

      "What we should be worried about is what kind of home this person might give us. We don't know if this person wants us for money or fighting, or anything really. And what if there is no one here? It would be a waste of time and hope." He stated monotonely, his heterochromic eyes blinked at the fox. The other hybrids around them hummed and nodded in agreement, all except for Hitoshi, that is. Denki sighed and lowered his head.

      "Fine, I'll go by myself then. Thanks anyway, I guess."

      "Just don't get your hopes up so high kid, is all we're saying." Shota said, eyeing the other feline hybrid as his tail began to thump in impatience for the fox to get off of him.