Adoption

Hi everyone, I hope you are doing well and staying healthy, and I hope you will enjoy this chapter. Once again, the pictures I will use are not mine, they are just for my book. Hope you enjoy!😄

     It had been a while since Eiram laid down to rest on the overly large rock. About an hour in fact. So you can imagine her confusion when she woke up, to find herself still in the forest enclosure. She sat up and groaned, rubbing her eyes with her hands,

    "I thought this was just a dream." She mumbled to herself, looking up from rubbing her face, only to freeze in shock at the sight in front of her. There standing on the rock, closer to the edge, was a fox. A huge, yellow fox. It seemed to freeze as well, it's yellow eyes piercing into the girl's soul. Both of them staying like that for a few moments.

     While the fox was still staring, Reader took it upon herself to take in the strange, but gorgeous creature. It's fur was long, but shiny and smooth. Its paws were black as well as the tip of Its tail. And a long black stripe of black ran down Its spine from the back of the head to the tail. The back of Its ears were black, and a tuft of fur covering a bit of it's face with and interesting black zig-zag across it.

    "Who let a fox in here? And a rather big one at that." Eiram thought, her mind scrambling to find a plausible answer. Then it clicked. This. This was a hybrid, a beautiful one. Who could ever have hurt such an adorable thing?

"H-hello there." Eiram greeted softly, raising her hand slowly with her palm facing up.

      "My name's Eiram." She introduced herself almost shyly but her voice still stoic, painfully aware that the fox was half human as well.

     The fox tilted Its large head to the side, shifting its eyes from her face to her hand.
Then, ever so slowly the fox inched forward and nudged the hand quickly, then jumping back a bit, like Eiram's hand was going to attack but when It saw that she wasn't going to move, the yellow creature stepped forward a bit more confidently, nudging the girls hand more as if It was asking for some pets like a dog.

     On the other hand. Eiram was a nervous wreck. What if the fox bit her? What if It didn't like her? But her anxiety quickly vanished by the fox's gentleness.

    "You're so soft." She murmured, her hand combing through the thick yellow fur.

(This is the closest thing I could find to my description, sorry.🤗)

    The fox then let out a soothing rumble from his throat

    The fox then let out a soothing rumble from his throat. Almost like a purr, only with a little bit more pitch in it. Eiram smiled softly, something she had not done in a while. Suddenly, the fox looked up, startling the young girl, and started sniffing the air. It turned, dashing off into the forest and shadows.