Bonding the Connection

Hey everyone, I'm back with another chapter! Hope you enjoy!🙂

A whole week passed since Eiram adopted the hybrids and brought them into her home. So far all of them, except Izuku, seemed to be avoiding her like the plague.
They had entered the house on occasion, only to run back to the garage when they spotted the small girl. The only time they would come around her is when they were thirsty, or if they needed access to the bathroom, most likely transforming behind closed doors.

      After worrying for a while about their lack of appetite, Eiram asked the bunny hybrid about it, later finding out that hybrids did not need as many meals as a human would. They apparently could go about three to five days without weakening or feeling hungry.

      Now, back to the present, it was later in the morning, somewhere around nine-thirty. Eiram was trying to stay awake by reading a book in the living room, on the large fluffy couch. Not the best choice but it was better than drinking coffee and having the opposite affect of keeping her awake.

      She listened absentmindedly to the ticking of the clock, staring at the page without reading. Her mind blank of any thoughts. She barely registered the garage door creaking, a sign that someone was coming in. But she did, however, notice the large yellow fox that padded over to her slowly, his yellow orbs sparkled with curiosity.

      The small girl eyed the hybrid as he placed two big paws on the edge of the couch, watching to see her reaction. The small girl just stared at him, then she turned her attention back at the book huffing in accolagement. Denki blinked then jumped up gently on the couch near the curly headed girl, making the cushions dip a bit. He froze again, looking up at Eiram, she in turn glanced at him in the corner of her eye.

      A small rumble came from the fox's chest as he lay a few inches away from her, his bushy tail brushing up against her thigh.
After a few moments of silence, he rested his head on his paws, relaxing his body slightly.

      Meanwhile Eiram was trying to stay composed, feeling a strange sense of warmth she had never felt before. It made her want to coo and squish Denki's tail with affection. Her hand then began moving without her permission, combing her fingers through the soft fur on the fox's tail.
Denki lifted his head in surprise, causing the small girl to snap back to reality and quickly moved her hand back to her book, hoping she didn't upset the yellow hybrid. He, however, huffed in indignation carefully shifting and nudging her elbow with his black nose, his tail swishing gently as he let out a soft purr. Eiram blinked, placing her hand on his head, rubbing it gently. The swishing if his tail intensifying.

       The two of them stayed like that for quite a while, getting used to each other's company in silence besides the tick of the clock and the small purrs Denki emitted from his chest. Suddenly, they heard footsteps coming from the hallway, Eiram recognizing them immediately since Izuku began to walk around the house in his human form more often, saying he was comfortable that way, her attention going to the bunny's direction. When he appeared around the corner, his eyes snapped to the other hybrid first, widening in surprise.

      "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't r-realize you were bonding. I can leave if you want." Izuku apologized, pointing back to where he emerged from with his thumb. Denki yipped softly, getting up from his spot and bumped his head against Eiram's shoulder, then hopping down walking calmly back to the hallway to the garage door.

      "O-oh okay, if that's alright with you." Izuku answered, understanding what the fox said, the other gave another yip and disappeared into the garage once again.
Izuku then turned to face the female, chuckling nervously.

"Uh, again I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt."

"Eh, you're fine. But I have a question." Eiram said, leaning forward a bit, her brows knit together.