7 - Unexpected Duel

August 24th 2024 - 1:27 pm

Nyx walked to Lizbeth's Smithy lost in thought. Just last night, he and a group of assault team members had raided and taken down Laughing Coffin. Some had died, and some had been arrested, but a few escaped.

Even so, he didn't see who he'd expected to see there. He didn't get a chance to face off against PoH or Sanza. He had hoped to take them down with the rest of the guild, but part of him was glad he didn't.

Either of them would be a challenge on their own, but the both of them at once would've almost certainly killed him. Part of him wanted that though, or at the very least wanted to battle them again. Regardless, Laughing Coffin was dead. They were no longer a threat, and that was a good thing in his book.

He walked into her shop, seeing Kirito talking to Lizbeth who held his Elucidator in her hands. "So you both know each other then? I can't say I'm surprised." both Kirito and Liz turned to face him, who walked towards them rather slowly.

"Hey there Nyx. Let me guess, the usual?" Liz responded cheerily as he put his katana on the counter.

"No. Just the katana this time."

"What's up with you today?" Kirito put his hand on Nyx's shoulder. He shook his head trying to shake off Kirito's concern

"Really Nyx? I could see the bags under your eyes the second you walked into my shop."

"It's nothing, really. I'm just-"

"A little tired, right Nyx?" Liz cut him off with a knowing smirk on her face. "I feel like every time I see you, you say that."

"Didn't get a chance to sleep after we raided LC last night?" Kirito questioned, with Liz speaking up before Nyx could come up with an excuse.

"You raided Laughing Coffin too?" he nodded his head before she continued.

"Why the heck would you guys do something so risky?!" Kirito scratched the back of his head and Nyx stayed silent for a few seconds before answering her question.

"Because having an entire guild of mass murderers freely walking around Aincrad is apparently a bad thing." he said sarcastically "Well that's what your friends said anyway."

"You idiots! Something could've happened to you, you could've died!"

"It wasn't just me, Nyx, and Asuna. We had a whole team of clearers with us, so we played it safe going into that raid." Liz's eyes shot open when Kirito said that. She turned to Nyx as if looking for confirmation.

He nodded before crossing his arms and looking away "Yeah we went in there with an army. Still took quite the beating though, but we came out on top."

The three of them fell silent for a moment before Liz spoke up "And something tells me you went back to grinding your butt off straight after, didn't you?" Again, Nyx nodded his head.

"I figured. I never thought I'd find a player worse than you Kirito but here we are." she sighed, taking their weapons to the back of her shop where she could refine them.

As she walked away Kirito squinted his eyes at her "What's that supposed to mean?!" After a few minutes, Liz returned to find Kirito looking annoyed and Nyx zoning out.

"And I'm back, hope you didn't miss me too much." Kirito took his Elucidator and looked at Nyx who hadn't realized that Liz finished maintaining his sword.

"Hello? Aincrad to Nyx!" Liz yelled as Kirito waved his hand at his face.

"Huh. Oh, thanks Liz." he said as he took the katana from her. "You know, if you're struggling to get some shut-eye, I hear Kirito is an expert at falling asleep in some pretty weird places." she said, shooting Kirito a cheeky grin.