31 - Death Gun

December 14th 2025 - 08:36pm

Nyx crawled through the bushes towards the three players he'd targeted. He was closing in on Sinon who was the closest to him from where Death Gun disappeared earlier on.

Sinon lay on the ground at the end of a small cliff overlooking a bridge. She had her rifle set up and was waiting for Dyne and Pale Rider to come out of the forest.

She heard movement behind her and reached for her pistol but before she could take it Nyx leaped out of the bushes behind her. He jumped into her and grabbed her hand, keeping her from doing anything.

She struggled underneath him but stopped when she heard his voice. "Calm down for a sec, will you?"

"What are you doing?"

Just then Dyne ran out of the forest and into the bridge. He sprinted over to the other side of the bridge, near Sinon and Nyx, and laid down on the ground with his sniper rifle facing the forest.

"Listen, I need a favor." Nyx started, loosening his grip on her and slowly getting off her "I need to see something. Please don't shoot me or those guys over there."

Just as he said that Pale Rider leaped out from the trees and flipped forward before landing on the ground.

Sinon flipped herself over onto her back. She looked up at Nyx who still hovered over her with his hands on either side of her, keeping him up a few inches above her.

"Now's not the time for favors."

"Please Sinon. I just need to see something. I don't care what you do after."

"Even if I kill you?"

Nyx nodded and Sinon's expression softened. She sighed and relaxed underneath him. "Thank you." Nyx said as he moved to the side and looked over the hill.

"You're too trusting of me... thinking I wouldn't take you out right now." Sinon flipped herself back into her stomach and looked down her scope.

"Call me an idiot if you want but I do trust you. Now keep quiet for a bit."

They watched Dyne shoot as Pale Rider who evaded every shot with practiced ease. He jumped, flipped around, and leaped around the bridge. He scaled up the suspender cables on the side of the bridge and shot at Dyne.

Nyx pulled out a pair of binoculars and watched as Pale Rider closed in on Dyne and shot him in the chest, knocking him over to his knees.

He reloaded his rifle and aimed the gun at Dyne's head and shot him. Nyx took note of the gun he used and how he moved and sighed as Dyne's avatar laid limb on the ground in front of Pale Rider.

"Damn... Couldn't be him..." Nyx whispered under his breath and Sinon glanced over at him. Nyx turned to her and stood up "He's all yours Sinon."

"Wouldn't have it any other-" Pale Rider suddenly went down and Sinon gasped. Nyx turned to see why she stopped talking and noticed Pale Rider laying on the ground.

"The hell? You got a silencer on that rifle of yours?"

Sinon shook her head. "Someone else got him, but I didn't hear a gunshot go off."

Nyx got down on the ground and looked through his binoculars at Pale Rider while Sinon studied him through her scope. "It wasn't a kill shot, so why isn't he moving?"

"I think I have an idea why..." Nyx whispered as the feeling of dread took over him.

Sinon zoomed in on his shoulder and noticed what was sticking out of it. "A stun bullet..."