28 - A Game Of Strength

Sinon spawned back into the lobby after winning her semi-finals match. This meant she'd already qualified for the B.o.B. Whether she won or lost her next fight, she'd make it into the main tournament the next day. But losing wasn't something she considered, she promised herself she'd win. She wasn't about to break that promise.

"Nice work there Sinon." Spiegel said as he walked up to her. Sinon looked behind him and saw Nyx standing alone staring at the screens where the matches were being shown.

She walked up to him and lightly tapped his shoulder. He turned to look at her with the same blank expression he had earlier. "I see you made it to the finals, so I'll be seeing you in the B.o.B."

"Yeah... you will..." Nyx nodded at her as he said that. "I guess whatever happens now doesn't matter. Not until tomorrow."  He sighed as he looked at her with a tired expression on his face.

By now, all he wanted was to go home and rest. His encounter with that cloaked player earlier on completely set him off, and every match he's been in since took a lot of energy for him to just stay focused.

"Hey, what's wrong with you? You better snap out of it before your next match."

The both of them were surrounded by light and before they knew it they were taken to the pre-match lobby. Nyx looked up and saw that his opponent would be Sinon. "Let's just get this over with."  He sighed and equipped his weapons and waited for his match to start.

After a few silent moments he was teleported to one end of a destroyed freeway. There was plenty of debris for him to take cover in if his opponent was going to fire relentlessly at him, but not Sinon.

From the little bit he had seen of Sinon's battles, she wasn't the relentless gunner type. She was a sniper, calm and collected. He began walking down the road, figuring she was somewhere on the other side of the freeway.

Sinon lay on the floor of a bus on the other side of the map. She peered through her scope and saw Nyx walking out of the shadow of the debris on the road.

He didn't have a weapon drawn and just walked calmly in her direction.

"Is he trying to prove he can dodge my shots from wherever he wants?" she thought to herself as she readied her finger to pull the trigger. "Or is he not planning to dodge my shot at all?" She aimed her scope for his head, preparing to shoot him.

As he walked towards her, Sinon felt herself becoming more and more frustrated. Each match she watched him fight in up until now, he fought with an undeniable level of skill and determination, but right now he looked like he couldn't care less.

She wanted to fight him, but she didn't want to win an easy kill just because he handed it to her on a silver platter like he was now.

Infuriated by his lack of effort, Sinon fired at him. Her bullet cut through the bus' glass window and flew passed Nyx, striking one of the cars behind him and causing an explosion that just barely missed him.

Nyx looked up at where the shot came from with a calm demeanor. He didn't care if he got shot because as far as he was concerned he was done for the day. He made it to the finals, so whatever happened now didn't matter to him.

Sinon fired at him a few more times before getting up and running out of the bus towards Nyx. She fired several times, but each shot missed. Eventually, she stopped a few feet away from him and pointed her rifle as if she was about to shoot at him.

"What's wrong with you? Is fighting me not worth the effort or something?" she shouted at Nyx who looked surprised at her sudden outburst. This wasn't the same calm and collected Sinon he'd seen up until now.