47 - ArFA-sys

January 5th 2026 - 5:47pm

Sinon and Nyx walked around SBC Glocken city - the capital city in the world of Gun Gale Online - stocking up for a quest that Nyx and Kirito were particularly excited for.

The quest was a result of an update that went live a few hours earlier, but because of a data leak Nyx knew what the quest was about and how to complete it.

He challenged Kirito to a race with the first person to get to the end of the quest being the one to obtain the reward, which not even Nyx knew.

"Are you sure you know where to find this thing?" Sinon glanced at him doubtfully.

"It's not a thing, it's an ArFA. And if I'm right, the gate to the base it's in opens up at 6."

"Okay so what exactly is this 'ArFA' we're looking for?"

Nyx raised his hand and waved it off in a dismissive manner "You'll see. There wasn't much about it in the data leak, but it's incredibly rare... but, I do know we're getting to it before Kirito and Asuna."

"So you're not just cocky, you're competitive too. I'll make a note of that." she said jokingly earning a sigh from Nyx.

"Hey now, that's not it... I'm just feeling up to some friendly competition, and I know that with you by my side we won't lose."

Sinon nudged his side and rolled her eyes. "You just want me to carry you, don't you?"

Nyx shrugged his shoulders as he walked to a bike stand and rented one of the two-seater bikes. Sinon got on and Nyx rode off out of the city and en route to the base they'd need to get to for the quest event.

__________

January 5th 2026 - 6:27pm

Two drones fired at Nyx who rolled to take cover behind a large crate in a narrow path. He held his photon sword in one hand and reached for his pistol. "Crap, I don't have enough bullets to take them both out."

Sinon fired at one of the drones from 250 meters away at a high-up surface. As the drone disintegrated into particles she picked up her rifle and moved from her sniping spot to catch up with Nyx.

"Thanks for the assist." he muttered under his breath and rolled out of cover and shot the last drone down with his remaining bullets.

Sinon ran up to him as he put his pistol away. "Don't tell me you're getting tired already."

"Not a chance. C'mon, we're nearly there."

The two of them ran through the path and into a large room. In it were several benches and crates with a large staircase in the center leading to a higher level of the room. At the end of it was a capsule laying horizontally in between two generators - a sight that was familiar to Nyx.

"There it is, just like the screenshots in the data leak."

"Hurry it up and get what we came here for. I'm getting hungry." she said sarcastically, despite the hint of truth in her statement.

"Yeah I guess I owe you, don't I? How about I treat you to lunch tomorrow? Anything you want."

"I'll hold you to that." Sinon crossed her arms and gave him a small smile.

Nyx turned and began to run to the capsule when two shots sounded off behind him. He turned to see Sinon with her Hecate aimed up at a steel platform on the top side of the room. Looking up he saw Asuna with her assault rifle aimed down at Sinon. "Damn it, they're already here."

Nyx turned back to the capsule and tried to run for it, but Kirito charged from the side at him with a photon sword in hand. Nyx raised his sword to block his attack and pushed him back.