6.

╳╳╳

Hoseok sighed deeply, leaning back in his chair. He glanced at the clock above the door, knowing he was way too early. It was Monday morning and the group had agreed to meet in place of the class for their first group meet-up. Maybe they didn't need to rush into it, but it seemed like everyone wanted to get the project done and over with. Hoseok had reserved one of the meeting rooms for them to use for the two hours.

Hoseok stopped by the usual cafe, picking up the drink everyone liked. So three iced americanos and one iced lemon tea since Hyungwon didn't drink coffee as he had stated. How does he not drink coffee? Wasn't the stereotype that all university students drown in cups and cups of coffee?

The senior pulled out his phone, opening Instagram to waste some time before the others arrive. He really could have come in a little later, but he wanted to make sure that they actually had the room and there weren't other people there.

He wasn't too thrilled about the assignment, he didn't do well with group jobs due to wanting everything to be perfect, but it was worth a lot of the grade so Hoseok wanted to do his best. If he wasn't there the task would be left on over Hyungwon's shoulders knowing Minhyuk.

After scrolling on his explore page for about ten minutes, Hoseok raised his head when he heard muffled talking outside of the door. He spotted Hyungwon talking to someone Hoseok didn't recognize. He tilted his head a little bit, watching the two talk. His stomach dipped when the taller of the two guys laughed, loudly enough for it to be heard on the inside, and shoved his friend jokingly. It felt slightly creepy just staring but Hoseok couldn't tear his eyes away from the smiling Hyungwon. 

The bright smile fit Hyungwon's face much more than the neutral expression or a frown as if it belonged to the soft features. His eyes lit up like stars as he looked at his friend like he was the most important thing in his world. Were they dating? They looked good together if they were. And both looked genuinely happy just to talk.

It must have been rough going around with a stone-cold expression all day because the younger looked so much more relaxed than ever. And Hoseok just stared at Hyungwon completely awestruck. It was a miracle how a single expression could change so much about a person. It was like a completely different person.

The video then resurfaced in his mind, Hyungwon's anger-filled tone of voice engulfing his mind and ears. It really felt like it was two people. The Hyungwon he so far knew wasn't like the boy in the video at all. Sure he was cold and a little mean and harsh with his words but he wasn't mad like that. Ever. He hadn't even raised his voice at Hoseok once.

Hyungwon then pushed the door open and Hoseok immediately turned his gaze back to his phone so that the pair didn't catch him staring. "It's just a small burn, Kyun." The student's voice was clear as day now. "Knowing you, it'll be infected tomorrow because you smeared paint on it." Hoseok raised his head to glance at the bickering pair. They obviously weren't actually fighting but it was more just friendly banter. Hyungwon huffed. "Whatever. I'll see you later." 

The guy, who Hyungwon had called Kyun nodded, quickly glanced toward him. The oldest almost missed the way he kicked his friend in the shin. "Oh. Hi, Hoseok... You're here already?" Hyungwon spoke when he realized that there was another person present, sounding surprised and any sign of the previous grin now gone.

The senior nodded his head and stood up. "I came early," he replied, walking closer to the two guys. He greeted the unknown boy with a friendly smile. He was surprised he hadn't seen the other around. Maybe he wasn't a party-goer either?

"I'm Lee Hoseok." he introduced himself in a friendly manner. The other student only bowed a little before smiling. "I know." He chuckled softly before glancing at Hyungwon, who had now tensed up a little, like he was looking for comfort. Hoseok wasn't surprised about the other knowing him but he did feel sort of weird considering how polite he was being. "Right, I'm Im Changkyun. I major in new media composition, freshmen year. Nice to meet you, sunbae." Changkyun greeted politely.