13.

╳╳╳

"Good morning," Hoseok exclaimed when he entered the meeting room. Hyungwon greeted him back, not one bit surprised when the elder set down a lemon iced tea in front of him. How many drinks did he owe Hoseok now? "Thanks.." he smiled softly, earning a nod from the other. "No problem."

Hoseok settled down in the seat he usually sat in and started taking out his things. "How did it go with Changkyun?" Hoseok eventually asked. Hyungwon hummed a little, taking a sip from his tea.

"It was fine... He was at a store and saw Seokmin... Understandably he freaked out and hid.." Hyungwon shook his head a little bit. He hated that his friend crumbled at the mere sight of the fucker. "I'm glad nothing happened," Hoseok said and Hyungwon couldn't do much but nod his head in agreement.

They were both avoiding the elephant in the room, which Hyungwon was honestly thankful for. He'd rather not think about it more than he had over the past few nights. It was bad enough to make him lose sleep over it while trying to convince himself that there was no way in hell that Hoseok was leaning in for a kiss. Not that it worked too well.

"What about you? How was the rest of your weekend?" Hyungwon then asked, glancing at his groupmate. Hoseok grinned. "Aside from having a blast on Saturday with this one guy, I went to dinner at my parents' on Sunday and stayed the night there. It was nothing special." Hyungwon couldn't help the smile that made its way onto his face. "Must've been one hell of a Saturday, then," he replied, jerking his brows a little bit. Hoseok only hummed as a response but Hyungown could see him smiling.

Both their attention was turned to the door when Minhyuk made his entrance. "Minho's not coming today." That was the first thing he exclaimed before sitting down. "Is he hungover?" Hoseok asked, tilting his head a little bit but the newcomer shook his head. "He pissed off Seokmin and got his leg broken."

The other two stayed silent and Minhyuk leaned back in his chair. "He asked me what would happen and I told him to fuck around and find out. And he did." Hoseok gave his friend a displeased look but he didn't seem to care much. "You're kidding, right?" Hoseok then asked, furrowing his eyebrows slightly. He seemed more angry than shocked.

Minhyuk turned his head and shrugged. "No. It's Minho's fault, honestly. I gave him a warning but he didn't listen." he argued, taking out his laptop. Hyungwon scrunched his nose slightly at the way he was blaming Minho and Seokmin. Both were equally at fault, Minhyuk too. "It's still not okay," Hoseok said bluntly and Hyungwon couldn't agree more, but the words just made Minhyuk roll his eyes.

"You say that, yet hang out with this fucker." Minhyuk said, nodding toward Hyungwon. That made Hyungwon return his full attention to the conversation. Minhyuk had the fucking audacity to compare him to Seokmin? That crossed the line. "Want to know the difference between me and that guy?" He shot at Minhyuk harshly. The other raised his eyebrows a little, waiting for him to continue.

Hyungwon swallowed a bit. "I moved on. That fucker's the one going around beating other people up, putting them in hospitals and just in general, giving others panic attacks just by fucking existing." he spat, squeezing his hands into fists. He wanted to throw Minhyuk out of the window when the guy smirked and stood up. "What do you know?"

"Enough, Minhyuk. More than fucking enough. I watched my best friend get sent to a hospital because of Seokmin and his buddies. I think I can give my opinion on the guy." Hyungwon exhaled sharply before licking his lips when Minhyuk opened his mouth to continue talking. "Don't bother with the argument that I put one of them in the hospital too. It was ruled as self-defense and you know that. I'm sure Seokmin shared that with you, too. Can we get to the project now?"