9.

╳╳╳

"I guess someone put you in your place." Hyungwon raised his head from his notebook when someone spoke up. He recognized Minhyuk standing only a few steps away from him. He jumped a little when a hand grabbed his jaw.

"Wow. You're not as macho as people say." The fourth guy in their group spoke and the youngest ripped the hand away from his face. What gave them the right to touch him? Because it definitely wasn't a few bruises. "What's it to you?" he had to ask, licking his lips. He wasn't too happy coming to school all beaten up but he couldn't just stay home without a reason.

This was what he really wanted to avoid. Minhyuk and his wannabe insults.

"Nothing. I'm not even surprised to see that you've not changed." Hyungwon frowned a little at the words. "What do you know?" he spat then, furrowing his brows. Minhyuk smirked at him, leaning on the desk in order to tower over the sitting one. Hyungwon leaned back slightly, scrunching his nose at the close proximity. "More than enough. You think Seokmin didn't talk to me at all during high school?"

Hyungwon leaned back a little, parting his lips in a silent 'ah' before rolling his eyes. "Right, because you two were such best friends, yeah? I bet Hoseok wouldn't be happy if he knew who you are friends with." He had to keep poking at his senior. Minhyuk's shit-eating grin dropped at the topic. Minhyuk seemed like he was very much aware that he would get a verbal beating from Hoseok if he knew that Minhyuk had connections to those fuckers. "Fuck you." "Wouldn't, even if you paid me."

"How does it feel knowing that one of your best friends would take my side here?" Hyungwon asked, now smugly leaning toward the older making him back away like the other had the plaque. He raised his eyebrows slightly waiting for an answer, proud to see that he had pulled and twisted on the correct strings as the man clearly got angrier by the second as he processed his words.

"Listen here you little-" The door to the room opened once again right as Minhyuk was reaching for him, obviously ready to hit him once again. "Are you two serious?" Hoseok spoke up and the bickering pair turned to him. The older of the two straightened himself, bringing a friendly grin to his face and taking a few steps to the side. 

And I'm two-faced.

"I was just asking him where he got his lip cut like that," Minhyuk spoke softly, walking over to Hoseok and latching onto the older's upper arm. Hyungwon watched the exchange with a neutral expression, but inside him was a surge of annoyment. Definitely that, and not jealousy at the affectionate way Hoseok leaned his blonde friend.

"Really?" The latest arrival asked, tilting his head a little bit. Hyungwon shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. "I do recall different events, but we can go with what he said." He brushed it off before returning his attention to the notes he had taken over the weekend. He didn't want to raise an issue out of this as it was the least of his worries.

Hoseok audibly sighed, sounding fairly disappointed. The rest of the group settled down to sit and got to work quickly. The room was mostly silent as everyone worked on what they were supposed to.

Hyungwon jumped slightly when someone kicked his leg. He moved his gaze from the laptop screen to look around subtly. His gaze met Hoseok's and he quickly noted the way the other was tapping his phone with his index finger. A message? The younger turned his gaze away, carefully grabbing his own device and opening it. Hoseok's message was the first one in the notification bars followed by multiple form Changkyun.

It was never a good sign if the younger spammed.

Huffing quietly, Hyungwon opened the message the older had sent. He then glanced at the guy who was now pretending to be focused on his own laptop.