23.

╳╳╳

"That sounds dumb as hell," Minhyuk finally commented when Hoseok finished talking, shaking his head. Hoseok pouted at his friend in defeat. "Oh, come on. Jooheon's going and we can't just let him go alone," he whined at the younger who still didn't look convinced.

Why was everyone so hard to convince? Jooheon said it could be fun and usually, that'd be enough to convince Minhyuk to do anything.

"I mean, you're going. And he has that one kid to go with too, right?" Minhyuk retorted, lips pulling into a tight line. "So what? You can drag Kihyun along, too." Hoseok tried to argue but the other's expression wasn't budging.

Hoseok slumped in his seat, chewing on his cheek gently. He needed to get Minhyuk out and about for something else that didn't include drinking. This event would more than great to get him outside and to talk with others that weren't in their circle. 

He scratched his head a little bit frustrated until it clicked. Hoseok grinned slightly, bettering his posture and leaning forward. There was definitely a way to manipulate his friend into agreeing. Manipulate probably wasn't exactly the right word, maybe coax, but if it got his friend to join the dumb get-together, it would do fine. "What's that look for?" Minhyuk let out, narrowing his eyes a little bit in a skeptical way. The older of them just shrugged his shoulders slightly before tilting his head to the left.

"Guess I'll go with Hyungwon then." he let out, placing one of his hands under his chin. His grin stayed unmoved as he opened his mouth to continue. "He's already going with Changkyun so he'll be there either way." he lowered his tone and watched his friend's reaction.

Minhyuk drew in a deep sigh, crossed his arms, and nodded his head. The student let out a groan" defeated "fine." making the other one let out a quiet cheer. "But only because I don't want you alone with him."

"Why don't you trust him?"  Hoseok raised an eyebrow. Minhyuk was being surprisingly calm about Hyungown being mentioned when he'd usually be glaring into the distance while complaining about the Junior-year student.

"He hasn't given me a reason to." Minhyuk shrugged his shoulders before he continued eating. "I mean, has he given a reason not to?" He asked, closing his mouth when his friend gave him an unimpressed look. He cleared his throat a little bit, stuffing his own mouth with food.

Maybe there were a few fair arguments for Minhyuk not exactly having the best reasons to trust Hyungwon. Especially not in the keeping fists to oneself department.

"But I mean it's not like he'd.." "Do you want me to lose my appetite?" Minhyuk whined at him, flicking a single rice grain at him. Hoseok smiled at the reaction; now that was something he could expect from his friend. "Fine, fine, no more talk about Hyungwon. I get it."

He bit on the inside of his cheek, lips pursing slightly. "You know, if I didn't know better, I'd think you were the one who wanted to be around him with you constantly talking about him," Hoseok muttered under his breath teasingly and glanced at the other. Minhyuk had dropped any expression he could and was just staring back at him. "If it wasn't for you hopelessly simping over him, I wouldn't even consider it! God, if I could I'd smack you over the head this second." the other ranted, mouth half-full with food.

The sudden harsh reaction made Hoseok think, that maybe Minhyuk was taking his act a little too far. His friend had clearly, at least in his opinion, at least softened up to the idea of Hyungwon hovering around. Or maybe that was just wishful thinking.

"I'm not hopelessly simping!" Hoseok set his utensils down, licking his lips. He wanted to add that it was mutual and they were, in fact, dating, but that might have been a little bit too much information to pour on his friend. And he'd rather save himself from a possible rant session about the truth.