Act 5

Slender lets go of a soft breath as he finishes up the last of his reports, sending them off before rising from his desk and making his way downstairs, his office silent as he makes his way to the elevator. He worked in one of the tallest buildings in the city, his office expanding About half the floor with his secretary on one side and his right hand man on the other. James Donavan. He was a demon who had saved his life on the battle field countless times. He was first to rise up with the monsters when they fought against the humans, calling upon Lucifer's help when it seemed the battle was going to be lost. Slender would even go so far as to say he was a friend.

"Slender, a word," James calls, motioning his boss into his office.

"What is it?" Slender asks, checking his phone for the time.

She would be getting off work soon.

"The media is pressuring for a face of the company. I know you're not a fan of the public eye but it wouldn't hurt to have the boss be the face of the company," James points out as he types away on his computer.

"I do not see why it is necessary for me to do it. Why can't you do it?" Slender questions in annoyance.

"Because the employee ethic grows when the boss is taking steps forward with the company. They may go through me but at the end of the day everyone here answers to you. The entire world answers the the bidding of Slenderman. It would not hurt you to be more publicly present. Not just with your brothers," James points out, pausing his typing to give Slender his full attention.

"So you heard about last night too. I should have taken more precaution in canceling out everyone's cell phones and cameras," Slender sighs, resting a hand on his head.

"Everyone has heard about it. Despite the set backs with rising up technology has only continued to improve and expand. Hell, our top scientists just about figured out a pill to give people the ability to teleport. With your continued funding the world is only building ever faster now that monsters and humans are one," James reminds him with a gentle smile. "All creatures have their urges you know."

"It.....wasn't an urge. Not at first but the way she moves. It's almost like a snake charmer but I was the snake," Slender finally admits. "At the end of the day I should have been more cautious."

"And I'm sure you've only boosted her confidence. Everyone, even the world leaders, are going to be dying to see the woman that captured Slenderman's attention," James points out.

"Then I can't imagine last night would have deterred her," Slender mumbles more to himself.

"What did you do?" James questions. "What are you planning to do? You can't very well kill her!"

"Who's going to care? She's a minor character. She won't be missed," Slender argues.

"I'm warning you now. End her life and a revolution will be led by your brother. There's more to her than meets the eye," James warns.

"What?! She's a stripper James! There's nothing special about her. So she can bust a few moves. There's plenty of other young ladies capable of the same thing," Slendee snorts.

Special?! As if!

"I'll send you her file. You tell me if she's special or not," James shrugs, returning to his typing. "Do what you will. I can't very well stop you but know you may regret it."

"I don't regret anything," Slender grumbles, continuing his earlier path to leave the office.

"Whatever you say, boss," James teases with an amused laugh.

"Sir?" His driver calls when Slender enters the limo.

"What?" Slender snaps in annoyance.

"Where to sir?" He asks gently.