6) All I Speak Is Static Screams

"Take me with you!" I yelled. No reply. The giant rabbit just stood there, a few yards away from me, watching me as I tried to reach him.

"Talk to me!" I begged. No results. As if I was screaming, but words wouldn't reach him. It felt like being trapped in a bubble, isolated from the world around me.

I was running, but there was no way to actually reach him. That doesn't make sense!

It was like I was running but not moving, as if gravity was keeping me still. My legs were pacing back and forth but the distance between me and the giant blue rabbit didn't shorten.

He had one paw held out for me to grab it, but how was I supposed to even touch it? I was too far.

There was a golden door with a silver handle behind him, which was really weird since we were in the open. Imagine a door on the green grass, outside, not connected with any wall.

And behind me... well, there was absolutely nothing behind me. Everything was black, the darkness was eating me alive. I felt tears slowly start streaming down my cheeks as I desperately wiggled, in vain.

One week. One week and the darkness would've really eaten me alive.

It felt like having tons of arms wrapped around me, trying to hold me back, keep me away from whatever was after that golden door.

Eventually, I fell down on my knees, and the rabbit disappeared.

I opened my eyes while trying to catch my breath. My forehead was sweating, my hands shaking, and my heart racing. I felt so tired, yet I didn't want to sleep... especially not after what had just happened.

That door... that freaking door... the lake, the fount, the magic, everything was behind the golden door. They wanted me to cross it, I had no doubt about that.

But if that was it, what stopped me? I don't understand... why can I not cross that line? Was there a way to make it?

There had to be a way. But the hints weren't enough for me, I needed answers, and the only creature able to give them to me was the blue rabbit. I didn't know how, but that was going to happen eventually, and I would be able to prove that I had never been crazy.

This is not just all in your head.