25) I'm Losing You To The Games In My Mind

I wonder why I never hung out in the attic of my house. Now that my parents were packing lots of old stuff to either sell it or throw it away, I was unpacking dusted boxes filled with a few small stuffed toys, an old chessboard, old vinyl's, clothes of when I was little and shiny marbles. 

I saved the marbles and a few vinyl's, setting them apart to take them in my room.

But what caught my attention was something else. I picked up my stuffed rabbit, Abraham. He was a cute white rabbit, with a sea-green jacket and two tailoring buttons on his chest. Two big eyes and a toothy goofy smile. Ah, that toy.

When I was younger, I used to always have it with me, he was like my best friend. I used to sleep cuddling him every night, gaining the warmth that I needed. He used to listen to all my secrets and obviously, wasn't able to reply, making me feel like I had all the attention I needed. He used to play with me at some stupid game I invented and I always won, because he couldn't move a finger to beat me.

Honestly, I missed those times, cause even if it's just a toy, he'll always be a part of me. How many memories...

*Flashback*

"Wait!" I yelled, causing her to stop dead in her tracks.

"I think... I lost Abraham!" I said, starting to panic and glancing all around the field. She stepped closer to me.

"Relax, I'm sure he's still around!" she reassured, with crossed arms. I shook my head firmly.
"What if I lost him forever?" she tapped her chin a few times and then her face lit up, as she smirked.

"Where was the last place you saw him?" she asked.

"Just a few minutes ago, when we were running. At the edge of the field." I replied.

"Well then you must've dropped him there." she stated, running a hand through her dark hair. She was no taller than me, but I sort of felt small. Maybe cause I was vulnerable, who knows.

"But I would remember dropping him... I remember everything!"

"Maybe you didn't notice. Things, don't disappear, Lynn." she giggled out.
"Oh it means there's a first time for everything, Alexa." I replied and she shrugged.

"C'mon kid, we'll go check the place together and rewind our path here, we're going to find him." she said with a smile, shining of determination.

"But... there are snakes in that area of the field. I saw one!" she giggled.

"As long as I'm with you, nothing's going to happen. Scout's honor!" she raised one hand and set the other one on her heart. I smiled and nodded my head, as she grabbed my hand and leaded me again into the field.

Friendships are easier when you're an 8 year old. Especially when your friends are just a fantasy.

*End of the flashback*

I sighed when recalling Alexa. She was my best friend, well, my imaginary best friend. But even though I wish she was real, it doesn't really matter... I mean, if she was real she wouldn't be so protective.

She would probably be like the other teenage girls, she would have a hidden aim, use you to earn something back... that's how most of the girls of my age do.

When I was younger, I was sure that Alexa was a real person, it's like we were connected. But my parents convinced me that it was a fruit of my imagination, that it was a game my mind decided to play with me.

Maybe they were right about this, Alexa couldn't be real. But she felt real, she stood by my side... I had someone, even though it wasn't really someone. Or was it? I don't know. I was so messed up already. But there's one voice in the back of my head that keeps on telling me,

This is not just all in your head. 

--

A/N: So... Imaginary friends. Hope you liked the chapter, let me know your opinions! :)