18) Buried Yourself Alive And Expected To Be Fine

I was awoken by the sound of my hyperactive cousin's voice.

"YOOOO HOOO HEYYYY GUNNY WAKE UP!" I groaned and buried my face even more in the mattress, covering my ears with the pillow. I heard her sigh loudly and swift footsteps.

I thought she was gone but she definitely caught me off guard when I felt a sharp poke on my back. She had hit me with a pillow.

"Oh, hey!" I protested, turned to her and sat up while stretching a bit.

"You wouldn't wake up." she shrugged with nonchalance, like it was no big deal. Well, it actually was okay, it's not like she had thrown an anvil at me... but you never know with Jenna.

"So, tell me about yesterday's late night walk? Have you two lovebugs kissed?" she asked with a smirk, as childish as possible. I rolled my eyes.

"We're just friends, okay!" I responded truthfully. "God, you're always up when it's about gossip."

"I don't care about gossip but the boy is hot." I raised one eyebrow at her and she just laughed and stood up.

"Go have a shower and get dressed, we're going to your school." she announced in a sing song voice, and I raised my other eyebrow. I was probably starting to annoy her because she rolled her eyes at me and held out her hand.

"Ugh going to school's not necessary today. There's some crazy event for which we won't have lessons, so it doesn't matter." I growled and nuzzled my face in the pillow again. She took it from me, leaving me in a hugging-air position and I stared at her with puppy eyes, to which she simply rolled her eyes again and put her hands on her hips.

"C'mon, there's the rugby match today, right? You don't want to miss it."

"How would you know there's the match?" I asked in confusion and she leaned closer to my ear.

"Because I'm a clairvoyant" she whispered playfully and pulled back.

"And it was on your school's website. I checked it out to know where your school was, we're going with my car." I raised my eyebrows and she laughed.

"What? Did you think we were going to go on a horse?" she joked.

"No, I, uh Jen, you're sixteen and you just started driving."

"And?"

"And you're dangerous."

"I've got a license."

"I saw you drive." She waved me off and pointed to her closet. Way to change the topic.

"You can borrow some of my clothes." she said happily, pulling her hands together in a clap, and left the room. It was more of a demand than a suggestion but okay.

I got up and sleepily dragged myself to the bathroom, to take a long shower. I was almost falling asleep in there but luckily, Jenna's voice popped in my head, she was telling me to hurry.

When I was done, I dried my body and hair, brushed my teeth and walked to the closet wearing just a towel. We had a different sense of fashion, but our styles weren't too different after all. I grabbed a dark blue Jimmy Eat World shirt and smirked at it. We liked the same bands at least. I also took a Glamour Kills green jacket, a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and put them in the dresser.

I wasn't one for rugby matches, and I was definitely not the type for school spirit, but it was probably more productive than laying in my bed all day doing nothing.

As I was dressed, I did my hair and went downstairs to be greeted by an excited Jenna, who smiled at my clothing choices.

"Where are your parents? I haven't seen them yet." I asked.