32) This Might Not Make Sense, If I Don't Explain It

Fresh air, woods, green, the orange painted sky, everything was so beautiful, so peaceful, so perfect.

I looked up at the sky and wondered.

"How's it the sunset? It was pretty late when we left." I said.

"Time zones." Sam shrugged, causing me to nod in understanding. Well, that means we traveled longer than it seemed.

"So where are we exactly?" I asked.

"Can't tell." Alexa responded, stepping towards me. I turned to face her.

"What, aren't we allowed to know?" I snapped and crossed my arms, a bit annoyed. She shook her head.

"It's not like we know either." She laughed and looked down, still shaking her head. I frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not the one who directed the helicopter, Lynn. You should ask this man." She said, pointing to the pilot, who was just exiting the vehicle. He was tall and pale, he looked kind of similar but I must be wrong. It's just a sensation, but with my memory I would remember him if he ever was in my life.

I was about to speak when she stopped me.

"Before you ask anything though, there's a few things you should finally know." She said, which shut me up immediately. She took a deep breath and I waited patiently.

"Two men from the American secret services discovered this island." She started. Oh... it's an island. We're on an island.

"It's not visible in any geographic map, like it doesn't exist. The government decided to keep it a secret because this island happens to be the place with the most incredible flora and fauna existing, and men would destroy it. You wouldn't believe that but around the world, about 150-200 species become extinct every day. Here there are many species of animals that were supposed to be extinct by a long time, plants that you can't find anywhere else, the nature of this island is the richest of the world. Not only that, it's particular also because of the weather. Climatic changes are frequent, it's not so unusual for it to snow here in winter, despite we're on the coast. It's just one of the things that make this place so magical." She explained, rather quickly, but I followed every word.

I was processing, realizing, adding every new information to the images flowing in my head.

"Go on." I ordered.
"Well... this is mostly populated by fireflies." Which explains why they're stationary in my dreams.

"Wait, not everything in my dreams can be true." I said "What about the no limit water hole? How's that?" There were so many questions that I was impatient to have all the answers as soon as possible. Alexa grinned her million dollar smile at me.

"It does exist. The water holes here have a weird but awesome peculiarity, they're very, very deep. They do have an edge, but no one's ever reached the actual bottom because it's seriously too deep to get to and to even see." She explained. My mouth shot open, I was in awe due to her words. Was it true? Of course, she wouldn't lie to me. I'd be able to find out soon anyway.

"How about the sirens? There was a siren in my dreams." I continued.

"You know, sirens did exist many years ago. But they weren't like The Little Mermaid and things like that, they were just creatures similar to humans whose body was mixed with a fish's. You can call them sirens or whatever, but they're simply marine creatures. However... some of them didn't lapse, they just hid here. They aren't magical, they can't talk or anything, they're not half women but look a bit like it, and they have low intelligence but... they're real."