19) I've Grown Sick Of This Fight So Frequent

It was a really hot and sunny day. A warm wind was tickling my face and my neck and lifting my hair a little, as I swung my feet back and forth on the edge of the cliff.

The clouds weren't really showing up today, it was a victory to me. I got to take lots of photos with my camera, the lights were settled perfectly and fit right in the environment.

After the match, Jenna insisted to come with me there, for the first time. I suppose she was being a bit worried about me lately, probably she had sensed my nerves pounding crazily - due to my father's deal.

It was nice that she worried about me, but I didn't want to be babied. At least I enjoyed her company, despite the fact she wasn't able to understand my feelings and thoughts... she accepted them though and never said I was wrong nor she made me feel like I was crazy.

But how could she even understand my feelings? How could anyone that wasn't going through the same shit? I couldn't hold it against her.

Besides, I knew her, and when she was worried she tended to glue to me to make sure I was okay and wouldn't leave my side for no reason, basically I had a puppy today. The thought made me chuckle.

I sat up with crossed legs and Jenna laid down, laying her head on my lap and cuddling into me as I kept taking shoots of the area with my Canon.

She took her camera too, it was a Nikon, and she started capturing everything.

I put my camera down when I adverted her gaze, looked down at her and noticed she was taking a photo of me. Usually when someone took pictures of me, I would either slip away or hide behind someone. I didn't like group photos either.

"What are you doing?" I asked, blushing, slightly confused.

"Taking pictures."

"Of me?"

"Yeah, why not?"

"Well, why yes?"

"Because you're an interesting subject." she replied. I laughed and started stroking her hair.

"Why would it be?" she shrugged.

"You give off a different vibe than the others, I've always told you."

"Yeah, because I'm 'different'" I said, putting air quotes.

"I would say special." Jenna responded in a firm tone.

"Yeah. You're special, Lynn. Concentrate your confidence in that." she added, nodding in my lap and closing her eyes. I paused my movements. Am I...? Am I special...?

It was the first time someone ever told me anything like that.

Special... I liked this word. It wasn't harsh, actually it was probably the nicest thing someone had ever said to me.

"Most people think I'm weird..." I trailed off, taking a better look at her. Maybe the slumber was talking for her, or maybe it was encouraging her to voice her real thoughts. I like to think it was the latter.

"Screw them. You're better than those, let your freak flag fly." I smiled a little at that and resumed running my fingers through her blonde locks.

"So you meant it?"

"Of course I did!"

I thanked Jenna, gaining a mumbled 'you're welcome' in response.

She had fallen asleep on my lap to me stroking her hair, typical. The thing is that this girl is so hyper that she moves too much and at some point she unconditionally needs to rest for a while. I let out a laugh and stared at her, deeply lost in thought.