33) This World Is A Masterpiece

Alexa had been showing me some of the most breathtaking sights of the island. The water holes, the crag, etcetera. But what I was seeing now, that was something I'd never get out of my head.

"Oh my god." I blurt out when I saw the incredible beauty in front of my eyes. Cherry blossoms everywhere, the trees fully covered by them. It was one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen.

They were different shades of pink, fuchsia and white. The mild scent of cherries dancing in the air and flying all the way to my nostrils. Although it was more an intense smell of roses than actual cherries.

"Getting lost in your Hanami?" Alexa asked, with an amused smirk.

I knew what 'Hanami' meant, it was the costum of admiring the cherry blossom. And I was completely fascinated by it. Flowers were my weakness, I guess.

I simply nodded, looking around, still amazed by the view. It was breathtaking. It almost felt like we were in Japan, it's so rare to see the cherry blossom in America or whatever. I knew there were some in Australia and Brazil too, but I had never thought I would actually see cherry blossom from a so little distance.

"It's called Sakura. Or Prunus Serrulata, if you like Latin better." she explained. I leaned down on my feet, putting weight on my knees.

"Because of its daintiness and short existence, it's considered symbol of fragility, but also of rebirth and the beauty of existence. What do you know about it?" She asked.

"I know... that it is seen as a symbol of the samurai's qualities." I responded and retrained from my daze, looking up at her.

"Pureness, loyalty, honesty, courage." I finished and she smiled down at me.

"The same qualities as yours." She stated. I furrowed my eyebrows and thought about it for a moment, then shrugged and sat down, crossing my legs.

"Although, the flowers are a little less complicated than you." She sighed and sat down next to me.

"That's not really a compliment, you know?" She laughed and shook her head.

"Didn't mean it like that, sorry. I meant that flowers can't think, I guess. Your mind is captivating. You're more interesting than that." It was my turn to shake my head now.

"There's no way I'm more interesting than this natural spectacle." I affirmed. She smiled and let out a soft sigh.

"Don't underestimate yourself. There's a reason you made it 'til here."

"Yeah, I know, I'm 'special'" I remarked, putting air quotes and scrunching up my nose.

"Maybe repeating that to yourself, you'll finally believe it. Everyone does. We're not blind, you're not like the others, in a good way. However, we should get going." she said and stood up, holding out a hand for me to take. I gripped on it and she pulled me up gently.

"There are so many things here. It's easy to get lost in amazement." She said.

"Let's go, it's almost dinner time." I nodded and off we were to the beach, I supposed.

--

We were all sitting around a fire, telling stories and eating marshmallows on a stick like we were camping. Everyone seemed to get along and I couldn't help but to notice that Brian was even talking to Justin. I was really astonished at first, but decided not to question it nor interrupt their conversation. Brian still seemed a little distant, but I could tell things were going to change faster from here on in.

I looked around to see all smiley people and registered everything that had just happened. I left my house in Massachussetts, found the place that pounded in my head ever since I was little, found my long lost best friend, found out that my real parents passed away when I was too little to remember.

I didn't miss them since I didn't know them, and someone else would feel like something was missing from their heart. But not me. Whatever hole could possibly ever be in here was filled with the presence of so many great people, who were currently all around me.

I felt someone tap my shoulder and saw Alex sit down next to me. I smiled at him and put down my stick with the marshmallow.

"Enjoying it here?" I asked, looking at the fire between the others' chatters.

"Yeah, it's beautiful." A deep, unfamiliar voice said. Wait, the sound was coming from Alex... My eyes grew wide in realization and I quickly turned around completely to face him.

"What?" I asked and he smiled gently.

"I said it's beautiful." He said. He was talking, he just said something! It must've taken Brian's attention as well cause he looked even more shocked than me.

"Alex." He called.

"You did it." I finished. He grinned proudly at us and nodded. It was incredible, he hadn't said a word not only since I met him, it had been years...

"Come here!" I said and pulled him in a tight hug, to which he hugged back. Brian was smiling at us proudly and I could tell it was an intense moment for everyone.

"What changed?" I asked quietly when I pulled away, curious of how he had built up the confidence to speak again. He shrugged.
"I'm just not afraid anymore. I mean... don't expect me to talk too much. But I feel more at ease, protected." He replied, looking down.

It was cute really. Social anxiety, how they call it, isn't easy to get rid of nor to deal with. And I knew it was going to take more than this if we wanted him to be over it completely. But it was a start, he wasn't afraid to speak anymore. It was a huge step forward.

"Well you are, we're protecting you mate." Brian said and poked his shoulder. Alex looked very relieved and even content.

We all were, this was a new start. Today's events were so overwhelming and we still had so much to see of this 'new world'. And I was ready, I had never felt so ready for something. Everything was going to be fine, my goal was realized.

This is not just all in your head.

--

A/N: Heyheyhey. Next chapter is the last chapter and after that, as I previously said, there will be an epilogue. Sooo brace yourself!

Also Cass replied to me twice in a week aksnwjfje (sorry, fangirl moment)