17) Got Your Hooks In My Back

Some localities need the sunlight to look beautiful, the warm wind etcetera. Some other are wonderful even at night. It was evening, actually, but when you let yourself enjoy the moment that turns to something peddling.

The stars were starting to show up, but the sky wasn't really dark yet, just a bit dingy. I used to spend my weekend time in this area, taking photos or just relaxing in the nearest field. I and Jenna used to often play in the field when we were little. It was a relief for me that she definitively moved here from Australia when she was nine, at least I had someone I could count on.

I and Justin walked to the porch of the simple rustic house and knocked at the door. I smirked as the blondie in a pajama sleepily answered the door. She widened her eyes and turned into some energetic ball as soon as she saw me, and engulfed me in the tightest of the hugs.

"GUNNYYYY!" she yelled and I giggled, hugging back. I realized her hug was a little too tight when my breathing pattern changed, so I patted her back.

"Hey, I'm suffocating here." I said, chuckling a bit. That's when she released me.

"Oh, sorry." she giggled out and turned to Justin.

"Hi! I'm Jenna!" she introduced excitedly, holding her hand out. It was funny, one second ago she was about to die by slumber, but now she was all bubbly and pumped.

"Justin." he replied, shaking her hand.

"Woah, tight grip!" she stated and I raised my eyebrows at her. He's not the only one with a tight grip, girl, trust me.

"Hey, were you sleeping?" I asked, pointing at her pajama.

One thing I admired of her was that she didn't care of what people thought of her and her clothes, she just liked being comfy. Right now she was in a pajama in front of a complete stranger and she was not embarrassed at all. She was actually the opposite of me, all smiley and positive. I envied that.

"Yep. Even though it's still early to sleep, but y'know..." she shrugged.

"Hey, want me to get Baldo and Spirit ready? Oh and I can come with you guys, I'll take Bella!" she said, referring to the horses. I shook my head and caressed her head.

"We'll go for a ride now. But you, go to sleep, Bubbly Bear." I replied, using her nickname of when we were little.

"You're very tired." I added and ruffed her hair, causing her to scrunch up her nose.

"Okaaay." she huffed "Are you staying the night?" I nodded and her face lightened up even more.

"Yay! I'll go make your bed. See you later!" she gave me another quick hug and a two fingers salute to Justin, then she headed back into the house and sprinted upstairs to prepare the room. I let out a laugh.

"She seems nice." Justin stated. I smiled at him.

"She's the best." I replied, as we started walking to the stables.

"I thought- weren't you the one with no friends?" he said. Thanks for the tact, Justin.

"I don't know if we can count her as my 'friend'. We're cousins, it's a different relationship. Besides, she attends a different school. I only see her in the weekends, not all though." I replied, shrugging, and he nodded in understanding.

As we reached the stable, I opened Baldo's hash and grinned at him. He stood up from his position as he saw me and whinnied, causing me to laugh.

"Oi, buddy, it's been a while!" I said, caressing his long, dark, shaggy neck. Justin stepped closer and observed the horses in awe.