8) You Make It Seem That You Feel Whole

I hopped out of my dad's car as quickly as possible, not blurting out one word to him. I was so tired of being treated like a monster, I'm just a human. I stopped walking as I noticed that at least 1/3 of the students was standing opposite the school's entrance. What was happening?

"Hello guys, I'm Ivy, but you probably know me already." A shrill girly voice was ringing through a megaphone.

I slid through the crowd, curious of what was happening, and I almost slipped on a few people's feet.

"The Golden Pre-Yearbook of this year has just been published. You'll be able to take it at the desk next to the showcase of the school, on the ground floor. Go check it out!" she squealed excitedly, sounding like a pumped cheerleader in the clew of a rugby match.

I only just noticed It was the girl that had shoved me two days ago, I recognized everything from her haircut to her perfectly worked nails.

The crowd started moving nearly homogeneously towards the entrance, probably impatient to see their grade on the list.

Ah, the Golden Pre-Yearbook. It was probably the most stupid thing ever invented. Basically, it was just a useless piece of paper declaring if you're either a popularity king/queen, or an outcast, revealing why you were either cool or no cool. Kind of similar to the Burn Book in "Mean Girls". Some popular people of the school make it every year and attach it on the wall so that everyone can see, and I find it not only ridiculous, but also incredibly mean and rude. They had often put something really offensive on people's profiles, and that was what upset me the most. Why would they want to humiliate someone else for no reason? Who do they think they are?

I was sprinting off to the hallway, curious to see what idiocy about me they had made up this time. A girl handed me the book with an obviously fake smile, then I walked away, towards the lockers, to check it out.

I looked for my name and my eyes grew wide as I read the new surprisingly long mean paragraph.

'Lyndsey Gunnulfsen: Not only the biggest weirdo of the school, she's completely crazy. Don't stare into her eyes, she might infect you with her dreams about psycho rabbits and candy floss oceans, or whatever. Also, she will try to convince you that what she says is real, but the only real thing here is just her bad taste for clothes and her broken twisted brain'

Okay, that was burdensome. Although I was used to be called names and be considered an outcast, they had never written so much about me, and now it sounded more than simple though offensive criticism - not that their judgement was ever fair -.

Whatever.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and turned around to see the one person I really didn't expect nor want to see right now.

Ivy the witch.

She had a devilish smirk on her face and crossed arms.

"Like the news, Gunnulfsen?" she scoffed, in an amused tone.

"What the hell do you even want? Leave me alone for Christ's sake!" I responded, throwing my hands in the air and her expression changed.

"What do I want? Oh, revenge." She said, stepping closer to me in an attempt to look intimidating.

"That, and that you poor outcasts remember how small you are. You can't win the system, Gunnulfsen. The world doesn't turn around if its pieces don't deal with what their belonging place is." She added. Revenge? Was she hinting at the argument she had with Brian? I didn't even say a word to her that time... I guess she got so annoyed that she couldn't handle being humiliated by what happened.

She was actually intimidated by me and Brian, then? That caused me to smirk a bit.

"What are you smirking at? I just told you you're a loser. Not that it surprises me, no one gets what's going on in your twisted mind." She snapped. By this point, I would've just left. But maybe it was time to be a stronger person, fight my little demons. Let's make Brian's help be worth it.

"I'm smirking at you desperately trying to bring me down because useless asshole has just been burned by a guy's demand." I snapped and continued, not giving her the time to cut me off.

"Also, don't you find it miserable to hit someone in their weak spot just because they're easy targets? Yes, you're popular, but popularity has clearly blinded your mind if you think that's important in life." I replied.

"Shut up! You have no one to love you, I have all the school down on their knees for me."

"Not all the school, darling. And most of these people will get to hate you once they figure how disgusting and rotten you actually are. How does it feel like having so many things you know you don't - and never will - deserve? Enjoy the feeling, cause they'll fade one by one. From your friends to whatever support you've ever had in your life." I sassed.

"You wish that happened-"

"Oh, I'm not done talking to you. Let me display my point. I may be an outcast, but deep in my soul I'm aware that I'm a wonderful person, and if I were you I'd stop being a mega prick before countless people will wish to have your head on a stick, and honey, time's ticking and I might start counting now. Keep trying to tear me down if you want, that's probably the only talent of yours. I don't care. Honestly, I've got better things to do than wasting my time, dealing with your ego filled fake ass. You think you're holy, better than anyone else, perfect. I'm letting you know that you're the farthest thing from perfection I've ever seen, and to my eyes you're just a living sin. After all, you're just a poor unfortunate soul, and the only feeling I have for you is pity. Have fun drowning in emptiness." I finished with a smile and turned around, sassier than ever.

She was in loss for words, and I left her standing there in awe like an idiot, noticing all the school watched the scene. That made me even more proud of what I just did. Maybe Brian's attitude of the other day encouraged me in standing up for myself, taking control of my life.

What I had just done probably made Ivy even angrier, but I had a good presentiment that she wouldn't dare talking to me that way again, by now. I walked to my class with no regrets and my chin up, as I saw my pride slowly come back to me.

It's not something that would ever fade away, I was taking back control of my life. I had been dreaming of this moment for a while and now here I was, facing the fire that had been burning me alive for years: bullying. For the first time in a while I had come out swinging against a major troublemaker, and it felt good.

Take it as an example, cause dealing with cruel people in real life is way harder than fighting a monster in your nightmares, and it's not over as you wake up.

This is not just all in your head.

-

A/N: My sis woke me up early this morning and forced me to update...

Okay enjoy. x