34) This Is Not A Place In My Head [Final Chapter]

I sat down and crossed my legs, looking at the various assortments of flowers inhabiting the view - an amazing one at that. The colors were of all kinds, bright, dark, both. The different scents were mixing harmoniously and the petals seemed designed for the perfect combination of colors.

Alexa sat down next to me, mocking my position as I stared out to the flowers.

"What are you thinking?" She asked in an amused tone.

"The colors. There are so many different colors." I replied. "Yet it's nearly impossible to know all of them. When you see red, I might see scarlet, or garnet, mahogany, or crimson. When you see blue I might see arctic, navy, cerulean, or sapphire. And so on." I explained, not breaking my gaze.

"Yeah. I guess that discern simple minds from more structured ones. Well, not fully, but it's something." she said, humming along.

"I think... they're like ideas. We can have different opinions on something when maybe they're just different shades of the same substance. Like it's the same color, but different tonalities. Or we can have completely different opinions and they are contrasting, like black and white." I rambled and turned to face her.

"I think it depends on points of view. I might see crimson whilst you see merlot, but it's still red. After all we could both be talking about the same thing without knowing it, and... we may both be right or both be wrong. Heaven knows how that works. Do you get me?" she nodded quietly. I wasn't expecting her to. People usually stare at me in confusion and tilt their heads like puppies when I start overthinking.

"You know what? Reality is not even that obvious. You can see something and live with a certain conviction about that something and then find out it's a whole other thing." I said. At first I thought I was rambling, but went on seeing she didn't mind.

"Did you know what's the color you see in total, perfect, darkness?" I asked.

"Black?" she said, sounding more like a question. I smirked and shook my head.

"It's a shade of grey named eigengrau, or intrinsic grey if you prefer it." My knowledge was kind of helpful sometimes. She raised her eyebrows and let out a 'oh', she didn't expect it.

"Most of people think it's black. See how easy it is to put up a misconception? Even over something simple like a color. We all see the same thing but in a different way." I stated and she smiled at me.

"I agree." Okay, that surprised me a bit.

"You do?"

"Yeah. They don't say it to you very often, I'm guessing?" I chewed on the inside of my cheek and sighed, shaking my head slightly. She shuffled closer to me and looked straight into my eyes.

"There's nothing wrong in seeing things in another perspective, Lyndsey." she said. She was sincere, I could tell it by her eyes, there wasn't the slightest lie in them.

"Actually, it makes me think you're special, in the best of the ways. Not because you see things differently than the others, but because you're able to look ahead of them. Think faster and cleverer." Her words made a smile form on my lips. They were kind and honestly, it feels good when someone compliments you.

"Only one other person has ever told me I'm special and actually meaning it, whilst the others tell you that just cause they can't define you, but in reality they don't mean it as a good thing. They just mean you're different. Special is another thing..." I trailed off and looked up to her.

"And now I figured that maybe only special people can recognize other special people." I added, grinning, and she gave a wide smile back.

"Hey, it's cool to have someone to count on. Someone who doesn't call me a freak and who thinks the same way as me." I stated, truthfully. I was very relieved that kind of people existed.